Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Correction! Don's show is at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central. I think its new.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Nevermind. Its an old show.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

New to this board. I am certain I heard Two Hangmen by Mason Proffit on the channel (only because if I am listening to any radio, it is SXM Hotel California The Eagles Channel). What I don't know is if it was part of one of the guest DJ's playlist...does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by abgymaz View Post
    New to this board. I am certain I heard Two Hangmen by Mason Proffit on the channel (only because if I am listening to any radio, it is SXM Hotel California The Eagles Channel). What I don't know is if it was part of one of the guest DJ's playlist...does anyone know?
    It was part of the Eagles influences. I comes up every once in a while 😂z

I just heard a few minutes ago on Sirius(followed by another play of In The City ), Jack's guest DJ show debuts tomorrow at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central.

Here are the songs that Jack picked for his guest DJ show. I will try to remember the stories behind the songs, but I know its going to be completely wrong.

1. Peaceful Easy Feeling

2. You Belong To The City - Glenn told Jack he was going to start wearing suits when he fly(he called them spy clothes) because you never know who you're going bumped into. Well Glenn bumped into Michael Mann on the plane and he asked Glenn to write a song for his show where in an episode one of the guys were going to back to NY. That show was of course Miami Vice.

3. Already Gone with Chris Hillman - I didn't hear the story behind this song. The volume on my phone wasn't playing and when I finally got it to work, the song was about to end. His version was Chris Hillman was kinda country/bluegrass/bluesy kind of version. I really didn't like there. He also sang an extra verse I've never heard of.

4. The Girl From Yesterday - Let's write a country song. He had an idea for a song about a girl he used to know. The girl from yesterday. Jack warned us that the song end up a sad song. Did they get back together at the end? LOL

5. The One You Love - Glenn called Jack to see if they wanted to write songs together. So Jack comes over, enter the room and sees 100 candles burning and a couple of bottles of expensive red wine. Jack asked Glenn what was going on. Glenn said he was getting in the mood to write songs or Jack said something about songwriting something, but I couldn't hear what he said. Jack said he doesn't drink wine. Glenn said that's ok. He was hoping a muse (female muse that is) will come down and help them write a song or something like that. I can picture Jack coming in the room and seeing candles burning. This was their first song he and Glenn wrote together.

6. Somebody - This song was actually was going to be use in a pilot. The song was about a guy getting even with someone. Somebody watching you. Before he turn the song in, he let Glenn listen to it. Then Glenn had Don listen to and they both liked it. Glenn told Jack to hold on to the song. 6 years later, the song ended up on the Long Road Out Of Eden album. I always loved this song. Great harmonizing with Don and Timothy. Glenn's attitude song. LOL

7. Smuggler's Blues - Glenn had the rights to be a book called Snow Blind that's about cocaine trade. Glenn wanted to make a movie out of that book. Well the song he and Jack wrote together end up being used in an episode of Miami Vice where Glenn played a smuggler.

8. Its Your World - Glenn wrote beautiful lines to the song. The song is about passing the world along to your children. It has another meaning to it now with Glenn gone.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-28-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's cool about Glenn setting the mood for the muse to come down. Thanks, Shun!

I notice that the station ID pointedly refers to the Eagles channel as a "limited engagement" or words to that effect. As if to say "don't get too used to this, people."

I'm really hoping it becomes permanent. You never know what will happen when the clock strikes midnight on January 3rd. I really hate to go back to listening to Pandora and IHeart full time. I was enjoying hearing Eagles songs a lot compare to hearing 3 or 4 times an hour if you're lucky.

I know a lot of people on Facebook did a petition to keep the channel. I wrote Sirius myself.

They are playing Through Your Hands from the Michael soundtrack. This is the first time hearing this song on SiriusXM. I always hear it on IHeart Radio.

I just heard that Sirius is extended the channel until the end of this month. Yehaw!! They heard us and now i hope they make it permanent.