Thread: What do you guys think of the Surround Sound Eagles albums?

Out on the Border

Default What do you guys think of the Surround Sound Eagles albums?

Hi everybody, the new guy again

So, how many here have heard them Eagles in Surround Sound? There have been a number of releases over the years either in Quad or 5.1 such as:

On the Border (Quad)
    One of these Nights (Quad)
    Hotel California (5.1 SACD)
    Hell Freezes Over (5.1 DTS/DVD)

And I've been told the Blu Ray of History of the Eagles presents some snippets of the songs in new surround sound mixes as well! Many of us in the Surround Community were sort of hoping that a boxed set of all the albums in new stereo and 5.1 was on the horizon but so far, nothing.

Years ago, The Self-titled album and Desperado appeared in a Schwann's tape catalog as also being available in Quad, though if they were even mixed, they were never released. The mixing for the Quad "Border" and "Nights" was done by none other than Bill Szymczyk himself. So, they were done by somebody who knows the music.

About 2 Years ago, a re-issue company called Audio Fidelity reached out to Eagles Management about re-issuing the Quad versions of "Border" and "Nights" and even asked about the debut and "Desperado". They weren't exactly given a "No", but were told that it wasn't going to be cheap and everything had to be approved by the members. Audio Fidelity did not pursue the issue any further.

SO, if you have heard any of them, what do you think? AND, do you think this would be something that - if you haven't heard them - would you like them to become available again?

Default Re: What do you guys think of the Surround Sound Eagles albums?

I own the DVD-A of Hotel California and was really impressed by it. I don't have the sound system to do it justice, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: What do you guys think of the Surround Sound Eagles albums?

I have the 2 Eagles album’s in 5.1 and also Don’s End Of The Innocence in DTS 5.1 and they are so worth it. I have an excellent surround system and the sound from these 5.1 cd’s is as good as it gets. I would thoroughly recommend them and although they are now hard to find the HC reissue on Friday includes a 5.1 mix of the album.