Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A change of heart for an Eagle

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: A change of heart for an Eagle

Here's one:
    But I also think that in the back of Irving's mind, he knew that once I make up my mind about something, there's no changing it. And I told him two years ago, 'It's over. You can announce it and whatever. I'm finished' I've got a new life ahead of me--my 302. And I'm going to spend it my way. I was a good soldier for nine years; a pretty good soldier anyway, barring a couple of upheavals now and then. It was just time to change. I didn't want to see the Eagles--the purity of the band--destroyed by going out there and doing "Take it Easy" for the 12th summer in a row, with a beer belly, 38 years old, greed and lost youth etched into the audience's mind.
    Glenn, 1982

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's one:
    Glenn, 1982
    I've seen this before, but I'm not sure if he really meant what he said in the interview or if he was just tired of being in the Eagles with all of the infighting, etc. It was about ten years later that he changed his mind. He came up with valid reasons for the change, but to be fair, his solo career was not going well in 1992. STRANGE WEATHER was a complete failure in terms of commercial appeal regardless that it was a great album. Maybe that was some of the impetus to get the Eagles going again.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the purpose of this. Do you have something specifically in mind or are you just trying to open a discussion? One way to move forward would be to post a quote, preferably with a link or other context, so that the rest of us can follow up with what we've read or heard that supports or contradicts it.
    Chaim mentioned Don Henley changing stories - I'd be curious with that, or anything else related to the Eagles.. Doesn't have to be something big, just a lack of consistency..

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    Chaim mentioned Don Henley changing stories - I'd be curious with that, or anything else related to the Eagles.. Doesn't have to be something big, just a lack of consistency..
    Don Henley said it would be 'desperate' and smack of 'greed' for the band to continue without its founder. He then changed his mind.

I'm sorry but I'm really not inclined to search for the interview; I think it may have been with the Washington Post.

To be fair, everyone changes. Everyone moves on. Some handle it better & with more dignity than others.

Stuck on the Border

Felder, not Henley. There have been a few. Sometimes he has said that Joe came up with the final part of their duet at the end of HC. Sometimes he has said that he came up with it all. In his book he said he himself initially called Victim Of Love "Iron lung", because the riff reminded him of his childhood illness. Later in an interview he said that "someone, probably Glenn" called it Iron Lung and he found it slightly offensive because of his childhood illness. Posts with me complaining about his changing stories can be found in the Felder sub-forum. I won't go digging there to find my comments, because I don't want to start/maintain negativity about the guy here again. And frankly, I don't even care to do remember and discuss that stuff.

EDIT:

I'll rephrase the second sentence: "Sometimes he has said that he came up with the duet parts at the end with Joe."
    Last edited by chaim; 11-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Felder, not Henley. There have been a few. Sometimes he has said that Joe came up with the final part of their duet at the end of HC. Sometimes he has said that he came up with it all. In his book he said he himself initially called Victim Of Love "Iron lung", because the riff reminded him of his childhood illness. Later in an interview he said that "someone, probably Glenn" called it Iron Lung and he found it slightly offensive because of his childhood illness. Posts with me complaining about his changing stories can be found in the Felder sub-forum. I won't go digging there to find my comments, because I don't want to start/maintain negativity about the guy here again. And frankly, I don't even care to do remember and discuss that stuff.
    Thanks for the correction... You know, it can be a positive story

And, sometimes it is change, and that's interesting, to see how and why, etc.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the correction... You know, it can be a positive story

And, sometimes it is change, and that's interesting, to see how and why, etc.
    Yeah, but I haven't paid much attention to changing stories. Some of the Felder ones are all I can remember.