Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I wasn’t sure where else to post this. So far this year, the Eagles are the 2nd-highest grossing touring act in the U.S.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/201...nalysis-135890
    Yay, Eagles!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

For the scotiabank concerts I’ve seen two different set lists put Victim of Love as the last song played. The first set list is very sloppy and has no encore listed but it does put RMW,Desperado, and VOL as being the last 3 songs. Here’s the link that setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-73eb8e95.html

The second lists encores and it puts victim of love as being the THIRD encore which I don’t recall them doing in a very long time if ever (if anyone knows if they have before or when the last time they did, that would be great). Here’s the link to that set list: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-33eb98a1.html

The first one isn’t terribly trustworthy as it’s missing songs and isn’t formatted correctly but the second one is. I’ve seen a video of VOL from the most recent concert. So it seems that VOL is the closing song which is an really interesting song choice to end on

Border Rebel

YEF, they did 3 encores during some of the 1980 Long Run Tour. Three encores were mentioned in the review for the June 18, 1980 Indianapolis show that I attended.

Also, from a syndicated newspaper article from February 1980-
    Houston-"Things are going so well on the Eagles tour that the band has had to change the code name for its post-concert hotel receptions. Like golf courses that call their bars the "19th Hole", the Eagles began the tour by referring to its parties as the Third Encore. But that was when the group was just doing two encores a night. Audiences have been so enthusiastic that the quintet has added a third encore. So now, the parties are called the Fourth Encore."

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    YEF, they did 3 encores during some of the 1980 Long Run Tour. Three encores were mentioned in the review for the June 18, 1980 Indianapolis show that I attended.

Houston-"Things are going so well on the Eagles tour that the band has had to change the code name for its post-concert hotel receptions. Like golf courses that call their bars the "19th Hole", the Eagles began the tour by referring to its parties as the Third Encore. But that was when the group was just doing two encores a night. Audiences have been so enthusiastic that the quintet has added a third encore. So now, the parties are called the Fourth Encore."
    Very interesting. I remember the early days when girls would scream and jump up and down if they got an invite to the 3e "hotel reception" ... (a nice way of calling what amounted to back then as a "beers on ice in in some hotel room's bathtub let's get it on night of puke your guts out debauchery" ). Since I was usually with guy friends or a boyfriend I never much cared but the invitation was a big deal for many girl fans.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

We must be on the same wave length, Dawn! I too, thought it was kind of funny when it was referred to as the "hotel receptions". At least at the end they referred to it as parties!

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post

Thanks for that tidbit! I assumed they never did 3 because of the infamous 3rd encore but that’s interesting they did 3 and had to rename the party

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks for the tour revenue update Delilah. As long as this lineup is willing, no doubt the fans will come.