Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just continuing the set list talk, I wonder if they would do any other Glenn songs that feature Deacon. I think he could pull off good day In hell or outlaw man. Something more youthful and energetic would be nice.
    I don’t know about Outlaw Man. Glenn sang that with a certain swagger that would be hard to reproduce by anyone else. GDIH would be another vocal for Don; I don’t know how many more he can handle but if he is going to sing more I’d prefer it would be something else.

How about James Dean for another Deacon vocal? Also, while Get Over It isn’t one of my favorites, it would definitely shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    They added another Madison Square Garden show on October 10th. The first one on the 9th was sold out.
    Wow.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't know if they will play those songs. I was actually surprised they put Seven Bridges Road back in the setlist. I really thought they were going to drop Those Shoes and very surprised they added The Last Resort even though it was dropped by the time they did the Northwest show.

Its going to be interesting with what songs they will have. I think its going to be the usual songs they've had in their set since the 70s with maybe a few surprised. It would be nice if they put a LROOE song in there.

They might go back to doing 3 hour shows. If so, they probably add more of Glenn's songs or any of the guys songs with the Eagles. They did a lot of rehearsal, so they had time to put more new old songs into the set.
    I think Don says they play the last resort selectively (as in some areas are more conservative and less receptive to thst song). He did talk about maybe doing a LROOE song in particular WITW. I like those shoes but I would prefer other songs over it. I like seven bridges road as an opening song for them and I still love the harmonies

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I don’t know about Outlaw Man. Glenn sang that with a certain swagger that would be hard to reproduce by anyone else. GDIH would be another vocal for Don; I don’t know how many more he can handle but if he is going to sing more I’d prefer it would be something else.

How about James Dean for another Deacon vocal? Also, while Get Over It isn’t one of my favorites, it would definitely shake things up.

Wow.
    That is true. I would just like to get Deacon another lead vocal that is uptempo. I guess How Long would be optimal but they sure definitely do the older version with the shared lead between 3-5 of them

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm looking forward to finding out what the set list is too and if there's any changes.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

I will be at the show at Bankers Life. I have lower level seats. This will be my 10th time to see them. Hope to have my review on here Wednesday. My sister, Kay, is going with me this time although she doesn't like crowds. This will be her 3rd Eagles show. Can't wait till Monday.

Out on the Border

I'm going to the Indy show tomorrow. I saw them in St. Louis 10 years ago or so and can't believe it's taken this long to make it back.

Sorry if I missed this but I haven't been able to find info.

Concert time is listed as 8 PM, what time do doors open? What time do they normally go on? Is there an opener?

Thank you

Hi Rook, welcome to The Border. Here’s a link that might be useful. There are a couple of other members here who are also attending. Maybe they can help you out with your questions. Enjoy the concert!

https://www.indystar.com/story/enter...now/413193002/

Out on the Border

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

You’re welcome, Rook.

As an aside, I’m curious if Vince will be singing his new song, Forever Changed. He’s the only one with new material and given the #MeToo movement, the subject matter is timely.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You’re welcome, Rook.

As an aside, I’m curious if Vince will be singing his new song, Forever Changed. He’s the only one with new material and given the #MeToo movement, the subject matter is timely.
    I went and hunted down the song. He says that he wrote it some years ago. He also mentioned that it was written in (delayed) response to him himself experiencing 'something inappropriate' from a gym teacher.

IMHO, this song would work really well played live with Eagles with full arrangement and backing vocals.