Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

Just bought my ticket to see them April 10th in Lexington! Half of the price that my ticket for Indy was and a 2.5 hour longer drive! I'm excited to see them again already!

Anyone know what songs Will Henley performs on and what his contributions are?

Out on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I would love it if a special guest joined them on stage during their Nashville show(s). Patty Loveless would be a great addition, she has such range and could easily fit the genre. How cool would it be if Jackson Browne were in town and joined them for Take It Easy? Or tonight's show in MI and Bob Seger showed up?

Here is a review for last night’s show in Grand Rapids, MI. Same setlist as the night before. Timothy must still not be in tip-top shape.

”Eagles ‘Take it to the Limit’ with remarkable vocals; Joe Walsh’s rock revelry at Van Andel Arena” Local Spins, March 16, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The Eagles at Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI, March 15, 2018

I have searched for video from last night’s concert to no avail. They must be really cracking down on cameras and phone use b/c overall it’s been sparse. Actually I did find one (Hotel California) but it was already blocked in the U.S. YT has also been strict with copyright violators, apparently.

I’d really love to see an entire performance of How Long, Take It Easy for Vince’s guitar work, and Next Big Thing, even though I don’t like the latter song a whole lot.

And DS, that’s great you’re going to see them again!

There's a whole video of Take It Easy on Twitter. I can't post it right now since I'm at work.

When I saw Vince do the guitar solo before the third verse, I was like, "Finally they are using Vince especially on a song like Take It easy." He's Vince freaking Gill. Other than one of the best harmonizing singers(I've never heard a bad song that Vince sang on), he's known for his killer guitar playing. I wonder what other songs he's doing the guitar solos on. I'm still trying to figure out who does the famous guitar solo at the beginning of Victim of Love. I couldn't tell and I only saw Joe doing slide guitar throughout the song.

I've been having a hard finding videos too, but than again. I think I want to be surprise with some of the songs. I've seen videos of the other songs for years. I mainly want to see videos of the old new songs they added.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-16-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I don’t have a twitter account; do you have to follow the person to see the video? Or can you do a search for ”Take It Easy”?

Vince is such a great guitar player and I agree, I’m so glad they are utilizing his skills more. If the concert were next month, I could wait to be surprised too but June seems so far off! Who knows, by then they may even change the setlist around a bit.

BTW, there are some nice pics in the review I posted. Here’s one with Timothy and his leg propped up.

I don't think you have to have an account to look. I just searched #theeagles.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The Eagles at Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI, March 15, 2018

I have searched for video from last night’s concert to no avail. They must be really cracking down on cameras and phone use b/c overall it’s been sparse.

And DS, that’s great you’re going to see them again!
    Thanks! I'm super excited! I was surprised because there was only 1 announcement made about 30 min prior to the show telling to people to turn off their phones in Indy.

At the Louisville show, there were a few announcements about no video or photos and a ton of signsge.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't think you have to have an account to look. I just searched #theeagles.
    Thanks, Shun!