Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

My hope for this tour is that they play some different songs. Don said they would like to have some spontaneous song choices and would like to play waiting in the weeds. I’d be so thrilled if they played it at the Boston concert I’m going to.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    I'm excited to see them on the opening night of their tour in Indy. I drove to Louisville last fall and it was a great show!

As for the Sirius presale, I've experienced that with other concerts. Concerts seem to have 2 or 3 presales now, so by the time they go on sale to the rest of the public, they're sold out or close to.
    Wow, that’s great, DS. I can’t believe the tour starts in less than 2 weeks. Please feel free to post a review. Like YEF, I’m hoping they will change up the setlist a bit, and that Deacon sings more and Vince plays more guitar. I agree it would be awesome to hear “Waiting in the Weeds.” (I’m going to the Houston concert, btw).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I thought I wouldn't go, but now I'm looking at tix...they are sparse for the San Diego show, hopefully they'll drop more. I saw them twice on the HOTE tour and thought I didn't need to see them again, but now I would love for my 12- and 16-year old to see Hotel California live. They know all of the other songs, too, but for my guitar playing son to see Joe Walsh play that outro live...would be a life experience. We shall see. Now I'm all excited argh.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

I can't wait to see them in Indy on Monday! I would love to hear The Long Run, On The Boarder, and How Long in person!

I’m excited for you DS, I’m hoping they mix up the set list a bit. I’m going to go to at least one Boston date. Have fun!

It looks like there are less than 300 tickets left for the Indianapolis show, at least as far as Ticketmaster is concerned. One other ticket broker says less than 6% of tickets are available.

DS, it would be really cool if they performed How Long. They could split the vocals among 4-5 of them like they did in the early 70s.

Does anyone know if Will Henley sings? I realize his role, if any, is unknown but I’m just thinking out loud. I’m picturing some sort of duet with his father.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I love How Long, I don't know why they didn't play it on the HOTE tour! I hope we get some surprises in the set list...

Just continuing the set list talk, I wonder if they would do any other Glenn songs that feature Deacon. I think he could pull off good day In hell or outlaw man. Something more youthful and energetic would be nice.

I don't know if they will play those songs. I was actually surprised they put Seven Bridges Road back in the setlist. I really thought they were going to drop Those Shoes and very surprised they added The Last Resort even though it was dropped by the time they did the Northwest show.

Its going to be interesting with what songs they will have. I think its going to be the usual songs they've had in their set since the 70s with maybe a few surprised. It would be nice if they put a LROOE song in there.

They might go back to doing 3 hour shows. If so, they probably add more of Glenn's songs or any of the guys songs with the Eagles. They did a lot of rehearsal, so they had time to put more new old songs into the set.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

They added another Madison Square Garden show on October 10th. The first one on the 9th was sold out.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley