Page 46 of 207 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

Just discovered that with the heat index, it's 109 degrees Farenheit over here in Houston. Looks like we're closing in on the Long Hot Summer's 110 in the Shade.

Lovely.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

I am soooo HOT! When I get out of here (Work) I'm going straight for a beer then to the pool!!! 1 more hour to go!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.Jesterhouseofdesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I am soooo HOT! When I get out of here (Work) I'm going straight for a beer then to the pool!!! 1 more hour to go!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.Jesterhouseofdesigns.com
    It's 99.8* in Wichita at 4:42. I'm taking off early and playing 18 holes of golf. The heat index is 107* right now and not a whisper of wind. I have my bathing suit laid out but when I get through with the round, I may just jump in FIRST and change into the bathing suit later!

MikeA

ewwwww Don't put that image in my mind Mike

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    ewwwww Don't put that image in my mind Mike
    Remove that image! I took time to change FIRST <LOL>. Played the round with a cold wet towel draped around my neck. It helped. But it ain't good walking even a course as short as this one in 100* temps. Ironically, I shot the best round I've ever shot on that course, a 59 on the par 58 course! I usually have it together for half the round and then lose it on the other half. Just happened to put it all together for one complete round.

I tee off in the morning at 6:45am with my B-I-L but we'll be riding. And the high for tomorrow is supposed to only be 91*. Should be pud if we can wake up early enough to make the tee time!

MikeA

Its been quite warm and thundery here today. It must have been close to 28c (82f) and we had a cracking storm earlier this afternoon. Fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow as I'm going to an Air Show and I want clear skies and no rain!

By Wednesday they are forecasting 31c (88f), next week is going to be a scorcher here (by our cold, wet and windy standards!)

Oh how I remember July airshows here in Kansas. McConnel Air Force Base is located here and they would bring in the Thunderbirds, the old restored WWII planes like the Mustangs, Spitfires, Zeros....never did see any German planes though. But I would take my Cub and Boy Scouts to the shows every year. Nothing but Tarmac and 100* days. Worth it though to see those planes...both old and new. We got one of the first looks at the F17 Stealth Fighter and the B2 Stealth Bombers (the Batwing!) The B1B's were stationed at McConnel for years. Before them, we had a large squadron of F16 fighters based there. Our house was sometimes in the landing pattern and I knew one of the pilots. He would have to fly one "mission" every month during peacetime and used it as an expense-paid trip to New York where his family lived. He would call when he was coming back to Wichita and we would jump in the car and drive 15 or so miles to a friend's house in the country. They are not allowed to land with over a certain amount of fuel and have to burn it off. He would "burn" it over this friend's house doing rolls, verticle maneuvers, straffing runs....in other words, we had our own private air show! He finally had to stop. Neighboring farmers complained to the base Commander that they were flying too low and scarring their cattle!

MikeA

One of the few things I like about working nights is, since it's summer time, I get to be inside during the day and sleeping in a nice cold apartment while it's scorching hot outside. I haven't been outside yet today but I saw heard the local weatherman say that it hadn't gotten up to 104 today.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    One of the few things I like about working nights is, since it's summer time, I get to be inside during the day and sleeping in a nice cold apartment while it's scorching hot outside. I haven't been outside yet today but I saw heard the local weatherman say that it hadn't gotten up to 104 today.
    There is a long line of what look to be pretty potent storms between Wichita and OK City. I snapped a picture of a huge anvil cloud south of us. Doesn't look like it's going to hit us. But we are supposed to see temps drop from 100* to 90* tomorrow! RELIEF! But it sure makes the swimming pool a great escape even if the water temp is up around 90*....like taking a bath!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thankfully, the heat and humidity went out with a cold front Saturday night. After a sweltering, sticky 100 F Saturday, yesterday the high was 84 and just beautiful. Supposed to be this way all week.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten