Page 47 of 207 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

Us too Brooke. Blue skies, warm temperatures and LOW humidity!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Here is a pic of that storm cloud I mentioned that was between Wichita and Oklahoma City. It never made it north to us. It sort of slid off to the East.

MikeA

Since a few days it is hot! we have always over 93 °F!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

We had good weather for the air show, though the whiteness of some of the clouds made it difficult to photograph the aeroplanes. A few pictures of the day are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/toonlas...7620944611874/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Oh how I remember July airshows here in Kansas. McConnel Air Force Base is located here and they would bring in the Thunderbirds, the old restored WWII planes like the Mustangs, Spitfires, Zeros....never did see any German planes though. But I would take my Cub and Boy Scouts to the shows every year. Nothing but Tarmac and 100* days. Worth it though to see those planes...both old and new. We got one of the first looks at the F17 Stealth Fighter and the B2 Stealth Bombers (the Batwing!) The B1B's were stationed at McConnel for years. Before them, we had a large squadron of F16 fighters based there. Our house was sometimes in the landing pattern and I knew one of the pilots. He would have to fly one "mission" every month during peacetime and used it as an expense-paid trip to New York where his family lived. He would call when he was coming back to Wichita and we would jump in the car and drive 15 or so miles to a friend's house in the country. They are not allowed to land with over a certain amount of fuel and have to burn it off. He would "burn" it over this friend's house doing rolls, verticle maneuvers, straffing runs....in other words, we had our own private air show! He finally had to stop. Neighboring farmers complained to the base Commander that they were flying too low and scarring their cattle!
    Thankfully our weather has cooled down somewhat nearer to normal temperatures. It was difficult last week with the kids I look after, they just aren't used to those sorts of temperatures.

we have had about 10 days of very warm weather 24 and 25 degrees unheared for scotland lol.

today its the same hot little more cooler and some wind

going back to normal scottish weather nw lol

Beautiful weather. Pretty much as SL described! I've spent most of the weekend at my sister's place in the country, dog-walking and pub-lunching. It was heavenly!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

It is HOT HOT HOT here in Oklahoma. It got up to 101 today and it still feels like an oven outside right now. It's suppose to be 100 tomorrow.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

It got up to 109 degrees today. This evening my dad and I were sweating away as we were waxing my car and we had the radio going. Just before 9pm, the dj comes on and says that we are "finally cooling off at 96 degrees." My dad and I just looked at each other and laughed. That dj must not be from Oklahoma if he considers 96 degrees as "cooling off."
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

96 cooling off huh? Yikes!!!

I heard on the news this morning that so far this July has been the coolest July in history in our area since they started keeping track of that over a 120 years ago. I'm ok with that!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The high today in Wichita was an actual 98*. But when the temp was 90, the heat index was 100* so at 98* I would suspect the index to put it over 110*. It was pretty horrible. Humid. BAD HUMID. We had to spend most of the day cleaning up after Wednesday's hail storm. Broken limbs and leaves. It was NOT a day to be outside unless in a swimming pool. While in it, we noticed that there were two places on the liner above water level where hail stones had punched holes in the liner. We have it taped, but it would not surprise me if we didn't have to drain the 20,000 gallon pool and replace the liner! I'm hoping we can hold off until Fall AFTER we've "closed" the pool for the year.

MikeA