Page 1 of 207 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default How's the weather?

I thought we could use a thread for this and it's fun to know what the weather is like in other parts of the world.

Right now it's really cold here in Missouri. After a freezing low of 5*F below zero this morning, it's finally warmed up to a sweltering 13*F above!

At least it's sunny and not snowing or icing!

I'm sure Molly and Maleah are having it worse than me though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Lately, every time I take a day off of work-I can count on the weather to be uncooporative.

When I got up this morning, it was -11 degrees (-29 with the wind chill). It's a balmy 1 degree right now.

I had a ton of errands to do today and couldn't let the cold stop me. Luckily, I got thru them rather quickly since I was pretty much the only fool out shopping!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

It's bloody freezing here (Kansas). Okay, it's not -11 but it was 0 this morning and that's plenty cold enough for me. Snow is still hanging around and I hear we might have some more tonight I slipped on the ice last night and my butt has been suffering all day, poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I slipped on the ice last night and my butt has been suffering all day, poor thing
    Ouch! I hate when that happens. Usually my pride is hurt more than my tush.

In the last week or so, Michigan has had our coldest temps so far this year. Today it was about 15 degrees, but it was really sunny. We have snow on the ground, so that's always pretty when the sun glistens on the snow. Better than the gray sludge that we start getting towards spring.

Molly, glad to see you guys made it to the positive side of zero!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Well....when I went to work this morning it was about -19 and right now I think it snuck up to 7 degrees. A few days ago it was something like -22 or something. A little on the chilly side, but throw in a biting wind and you can't feel your fingers in about a minute and a half. lol

Goodness gracious, girls! Cape Town winters are never that cold! We're in the middle of summer now, and our temperatures range between 24 and 34 degrees Celcius. That's CELCIUS. We also have a raging South Easterly wind (known as the Cape Doctor) that blows us away on a daily basis. Having said that, though, when the wind drops, it's almost too hot. The heat's been getting to me a bit lately. Sunny and beautiful it may be, but sunshine is certainly not what it used to be.

In the olden days (i.e. the '80s), I could spend the whole day in the sun and only then would I burn. These days it takes about 10 minutes if I'm not wearing any sunscreen.

The temperature seldom drops below 6 degrees celcius during winter in the Cape. We usually have a maximum temperature of between 14 and 19 degrees. It drops below freezing in some parts of the country, which are more inland.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

We have a mild winder again. Most of the time it was around 10 degrees Celsius in January, abt. 5 degrees warmer than usual. We had some days where the temperatures were below zero but that's not worth mentioning. Today it's sunny and around 7°, but weather forecast said a storm is coming up tomorrow.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Dull, overcast, windy and about 8deg Celcius. Boring really like most of the winter here has been!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It's been terribly cold here. Last night it got down to -11. Right now, we're up to 5 degrees with wind chill. We're getting snow every few days. However, judging from the above posts, I'm not the worst off! And this weekend it's going to warm up - a high of 35 degrees on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We had more rain than usual in January so haven't been able to go swimming. Today it's really hot and sunny. I imagine February will be the saem.