Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, just rub it in, tlr!

We had a about 1/2 inch of snow when we got up Easter morning and it snowed like a blizzard off and on all day. It didn't collect as the ground was warm enough to melt it off and got up to a balmy 43 degrees F. I don't ever remember having snow on Easter before!

Now today it is supposed to hit 60 degrees F. Much better, but 30 mph winds! Bad hair day!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We're having the Winter that won't go away! This past Friday we had 15 inches of snow and it stuck! Stuck is exactly what my car was on the street in front of my house-I couldn't get up our driveway. And then of course, the snowplow came through before I could get my driveway cleaned out and the plow buried my car completely. Luckily, I have 3 big strappin' men here to help me!

We're expecting another 6 inches later this week. We are only about 10 inches away from having the hightest snow fall on record.

Unbelievable! It's almost April!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    We're having the Winter that won't go away! This past Friday we had 15 inches of snow and it stuck! Stuck is exactly what my car was on the street in front of my house-I couldn't get up our driveway. And then of course, the snowplow came through before I could get my driveway cleaned out and the plow buried my car completely. Luckily, I have 3 big strappin' men here to help me!

We're expecting another 6 inches later this week. We are only about 10 inches away from having the hightest snow fall on record.
    I suppose this is a nightmare for you Molly, but as I said earlier in this thread the reason that we have been pretty snow starved for a number of years now tempts me to think 'You Lucky Thing!!'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

I suppose this is a nightmare for you Molly, but as I said earlier in this thread the reason that we have been pretty snow starved for a number of years now tempts me to think 'You Lucky Thing!!'
    After one of these snowfalls, driving is dangerous and horrible. Once we are all home safe and sound, I relax and I do enjoy how beautiful the snow is. But, I'm soooo ready for Spring!

Trust me, GA, if I could think of a way to package up some of our snow and send it to you for your family to enjoy - I would!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

After one of these snowfalls, driving is dangerous and horrible. Once we are all home safe and sound, I relax and I do enjoy how beautiful the snow is. But, I'm soooo ready for Spring!

Trust me, GA, if I could think of a way to package up some of our snow and send it to you for your family to enjoy - I would!
    I'm sure they'd love it too Molly! Be safe in your driving and only travel if you have to! Roads are dangerous enough as it is!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Hope you get some spring sunshine soon, Molly and Brooke!

GA, we wouldn't mind a bit of snow either. No one can get up our road if it snows, so it turns into a toboggan run! Last time that happened must have been 15 years ago. Today it's sunny and the hedges are starting to green up. Two nights ago we actually got the barbecue out, although we chickened out and ate inside!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Well done with the Barbie GEF! Even if eaten indoors I love the taste of chargrilled food. Our barbie took a bettering one night recently and we also have to get new garden furniture as it was destroyed during the building works last year. However quite a number of family and friends gave us some vouchers for our 40th birthdays and I think we might replace it this year.

Its beautiful out today. I'm braving a slight breeze with just a T-shirt today.
    Anyone have any ideas as to whats on my t-shirt?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Can't believe it! Woke up this morning to a light covering of snow!!! In April!! There were intermittent snow showers over the day though it didn't stick. More forecast for tonight!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

That's nice for you, GA. I know how much you've been wanting it to snow.

It's already more than a month into our Autumn, but today is the first day that I've needed to wear long sleeves! No complaints, though - it's still a pleasant 20 degrees celcius.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down