Page 110 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2064

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: How's the weather?

Fp, what a cyclone. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.

TBF, love your weather map!

We have survived the worst of it here. We got on average about 20 inches of snow with gusting winds from 20 to 50 mph last night. Everything is shut down. The state is concentrating on the major highways like I70 (it was completely shut down last night all across MO!) and 36. The snow is over and they will work on the lesser roads today. Who knows when my county road will get plowed. It just depends on how bad they are drifted, which will be pretty bad. We do have a county commissioner next door (b/n/l!) so they usually get to ours pretty quick. And getting out of our long drive is another problem. It is drifted about 2-3 feet in places which doesn't sound like much, but even 4 x 4's can't get through it. We lost power at 4:30 last night and it came back on around 7 pm which wasn't bad. We figured it would be out till morning. I don't know how those electric workers worked in the awful conditions they had last night, but thanks guys! It is much appreciated!

I went out to take a few pictures and immediately dropped my camera in the snow! The pics I took are fuzzy. Hopefully my camera will dry out and then work right! (insert ding dong smilie!)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hope you did your grocery shopping Brooke!

Here in Central IL we mostly got ice, not nearly as much snow as was first predicted. It looks like we got 4-6 inches. I got an early call from my boss. The bank is not opening until noon today. Hubby is outside digging us out now.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - my thoughts are also with the the people of Queensland. It will probably take them years to recover from all that Mother Nature has bestowed upon them lately, but, hopefully, they'll come back stronger than ever!

And also thinking of all of you in the midwest that got pounded. This has been a very harsh winter for many of us here in the U.S. And Willie - love that map. I'm just hoping I don't have to borrow it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

It was 20 degrees this morning on our front porch. The water bucket was froze almost solid. Yesterday it just had an inch of ice on top.
    We didn't have any hot water until 10:00, I guess the pipe going into the water tank froze up.
    I went out to get the mail and water was running down our drive way. Bobby went out to check, he thought a pipe had froze and broke but it turned out that when he put some insulation around the pipe he had turned the water on by mistake. What a relief, it would not have been fun changing out the pipe because it is still only 38 outside now. I think I would have just turned the water off to the house and let it go until it warms up. We can use paper plates. It would probably be bad though when we had to flush the toilets.

Wow, I always think of Arizona as being hot. Well it was when I went there.

We had a beautiful day here today and I went out without a coat. Think it was only about 9* but felt and looked like spring. Much better than the start of the week when the guinea pig's cucumber put in for her evening meal was frozen the next morning.
    Melanie

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

-11 F here this morning. Wind chill like -20. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We've had an extremely harsh winter too, by our standards and even though its warmed up its still windy and rainy. Only today a 45 year old woman was killed by a falling tree on one of our main streets in Dublin city.

To all of you still suffering the effects of the winter, please be careful Spring really cannot be far away now.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Finally the effects of the blizzard are starting to go away. Snowed in for a couple of days there. Nasty weather. I can't wait for Spring. My favorite season.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Glad the weather is favourable for you and soooo pleased that
    life is gooder
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border

The floods left Queensland & have now hit Victoria, would you believe!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...06/3131027.htm

You know, if you have to be told not to swim in floodwater....

Cyclone Yasi wasn't nearly as bad as had been predicted, but if you're interested here is a link: The main town affected was Tully; Cairns & Townsville escaped.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/yasi/