Page 130 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2064

Thread: How's the weather?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: How's the weather?

I've been following Irene on the TV and am lucky I wasn't to fly out of NY on Thursday. Please do what you can to keep safe everybody. Put what you can on hold. She WILL pass. I'm praying that all of you and your families and friends make it through Irene without any loss of life, injury, or damage. Take care!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Hard rain here last night and the wind was blowing it down in sheets. Every motion sensor light in the neighborhood was on. What was funny about it all was that the rain was cold when it would hit you but the wind as hot. The temp never did get below 80 degrees. It only lasted about 10 minutes and then off it went to the Phoenix area.

Raining & thundering here. It's fairly windy. Irene is supposed to hit her around 6:00PM ADT. At first they were predicting that we would be in the direct path of the storm but now it appears that Irene will hit the hardest in the northwestern part of the province. We are in the south. Still, we expect heavy rain & high winds.

I hope dreamer, HH & anyone else who is affected by Irene are safe.

So far so good here in coastal NH. No major damage here. We're through most of the rain but it remains windy. Hope everyone else fared well and good luck to our friends farther along the path.

..still awaiting "Irene" here in Cape Breton.....it's been muggy and cloudy all day...the wind seems to be picking up....hope it's not too bad....my husband left this afternoon for a 3 day trip to visit his family...and I threw out my back this morning...gonna take some painkillers and hope to sleep the night away...just hope I don't lose the power........stay safe everyone....and send me some good vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..still awaiting "Irene" here in Cape Breton.....it's been muggy and cloudy all day...the wind seems to be picking up....hope it's not too bad....my husband left this afternoon for a 3 day trip to visit his family...and I threw out my back this morning...gonna take some painkillers and hope to sleep the night away...just hope I don't lose the power........stay safe everyone....and send me some good vibes...
    Hope you feel better soon, GH. Hopefully you will sleep through the night & the rest of this storm. I can hear the trees here rustling with the force of the wind. It's raining a bit but I think we dodged that bullet here. It was very hot & muggy here earlier today as well, but thankfully it has cooled off somewhat. Hope Irene doesn't hit Cape Breton too hard! .

well we didn't get much of anything...high winds started at around 4am...no rain or thunder....and I DID sleep all night....it was quite windy all morning..but absolutely beautiful sunny and hot day...NO HUMDITY..'til the next one comes around.........

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Wow. That was an intense storm!!! Irene packed quite a punch. We lost power at 2:30 am Sat and JUST got it back. Luckily we sustained no injury or property damage, just a little inconvenience of no electricity so I can't complain at all. Lots of trees down and flooding too but it could have been much worse.

I would SOOOO not have liked to live in the days before electricity -- No Border for 3 days -- I was twitching!

Hope everyone else is OK as well!

Now starts the clean up . . . . .

Glad you're back, HH. I was getting worried. You guys got it bad down there, from what I saw on the news.

Has anyone seen Dreamer yet? I think she's the only one of the "Irene-impacted" that I haven't seen back online.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Thanks, WE. We were very lucky. I think the pre-storm precautions everyone took were key.

Check in, Dreamer. Let us know you're safe!!