Page 2 of 207 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default the weather

We've only been down to about 8 degrees here in Tennessee. Not as bad as some are having it but cold none the less. We use a wood stove for heat and it keeps the front part pretty warm, but the bedrooms are cold enough that water freezes in your glass. With the cold comes broken water pipes and we've been close to 2 weeks without water. Every time we fix the one that's broken, another one pops off or splits. As I type this, we are waiting for the glue to dry on the latest break being repaired. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Someone on the radio a couple days ago suggested we start building an ark.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: the weather

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    ....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood?
    If its anything like trying to get a 6 year old to do homework I can only imagine. You have my sympathies!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    We had more rain than usual in January so haven't been able to go swimming. Today it's really hot and sunny. I imagine February will be the saem.
    2 days ago I've seen in the news there were a lot of rain in Australia what caused massive floodings. But I think it's far away from your area.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: the weather

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    We've only been down to about 8 degrees here in Tennessee. Not as bad as some are having it but cold none the less. We use a wood stove for heat and it keeps the front part pretty warm, but the bedrooms are cold enough that water freezes in your glass. With the cold comes broken water pipes and we've been close to 2 weeks without water. Every time we fix the one that's broken, another one pops off or splits. As I type this, we are waiting for the glue to dry on the latest break being repaired. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood?
    Oh my gosh, rckn! Water freezing in your glass in the bedrooms sounds way too cold for me! I'm a whimp! Good luck with that wood chopping! Hubby does that for fireplace wood, but thankfully, we have gas heat. Of course with the price of it these days, it could affect my Eagles concert fund! Hmmmm......nah!

We are finally getting some warmer 50 degree F. weather here today after our deep freeze last week!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - every time I want to complain about how cold it is in Virginia, I just come here and read what some of you are experiencing, then figure I should just keep my mouth shut. I was having a hard time relating to the celcius temperatures being discussed, so I found a conversion chart. If you are interested, follow this link, and scroll almost to the bottom of the page for the calculator.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tempconvjava.html

Becky, I have a heat pump. Mine hasn't been working properly whenever the temperature would get below freezing here. Last weekend, the temperature in my house never got above 67 degrees, and I immediately called for someone to come out to find out what was wrong. I guess I must be spoiled 'cause that was just way too cold for me. The repair bill set me back about $300, but I'm nice and comfy now. I have a fireplace and burn it occasionally, but I also hate fooling with the wood.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    We had more rain than usual in January so haven't been able to go swimming. Today it's really hot and sunny. I imagine February will be the saem.
    2 days ago I've seen in the news there were a lot of rain in Australia what caused massive floodings. But I think it's far away from your area.
    That was up in south west Queensland, around the towns of Charleville and Emerald, which is a long way away from me.

We had a very pleasant Sunday and Monday where we really thought Spring had Sprung. But alas today while bright and sunny its 1deg C out. Thats 34Deg F, But according to the met with the wind chill it feels like -5C. Brrrrrrrrr
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Weather here in the South is very, very changable (causing major sinus problems). Last week we had 20 degree weather with sleet and a light dusting of snow. Monday it was sunny and the temperature rose to almost 60. Last night the temperature dropped to 34 degrees and it was rainy and very windy, with winds clocked at almost 60 MPH. Some trees were blown down and we lost our power for awhile this morning, causing me to panic because I have to get online to buy Eagles tickets at 1 this afternoon!

Well good luck DF! I hope you get them ok!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP