Page 20 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: How's the weather?

The weatherman got it right this time! Everything is under ice and it is still coming down. All the schools in the area are closed and husband called it a day also (he has to travel over 45 miles one way usually and figured it wasn't worth doing it in an ice storm today). It's not suppose to let up till this afternoon. I just hope the power doesn't go out.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    The weatherman got it right this time! Everything is under ice and it is still coming down. All the schools in the area are closed and husband called it a day also (he has to travel over 45 miles one way usually and figured it wasn't worth doing it in an ice storm today). It's not suppose to let up till this afternoon. I just hope the power doesn't go out.
    Same here - ice storm in Central Illinois! Hubby has about the same distance one way to drive as your hubby Willie, but he went anyway! I haven't talked to him yet to see how the drive was. I only have a two minute drive to work, so it looks like I'm going!

Three times last night we were woken by loud thuds and finally realized that it was large branches falling onto our roof and then rolling off! We have a lot of mature oak trees on our property, and as beautiful as it is in the summer, they sure do reek havoc the rest of the year. Looks like half a tree down in our back yard!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We got it here, too. All the schools are closed. Hubby brought me to work in the 4 x 4 truck and it's only 5 minutes away, but the gravel road is very hazardous with packed snow and the ice on top. It had warmed up to 37 degrees, but now has cooled to 34 and is supposed to continue to drop all day. So, all that water will freeze again and be even slicker.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Our 'big ice over' never materialized - much to my boys annoyance I need to finish up some Xmas shopping this weekend so I'm hoping it stays away.

Thanks, all you Pacific Northwesterners and Midwesterners, for FINALLY sending us some snow! I hope it lasts until Christmas..we haven't had a white one in ages. The kids had a snow day on Friday; unfortunately I still had to work but it was a bit less hectic due to a few cancellations. At least we closed early. I'm sure the shoppers were a little frustrated, because it definitely was not safe driving during the prime shopping hours.

It's unusually cold here

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

What a weekend--several inches of snow, ice and blizzard like conditions! Started out to do some Christmas shopping in it yesterday morning only to get a call from my brother saying his house and my Mom's house were both without power. We turned around and had to get kerosene heaters and go down to their homes the opposite direction about 45 minutes (on a usual drive) to deliver them. They really got the ice there!

Now today it is 0 degrees with windchills of -25! Nieces and nephews here (6 of them, ages 6 months to 9 years) and we have made cookies, wrapped gifts, drew Christmas pictures, sang Christmas carols and now time for a Christmas movie. With any luck they will all dose off for awhile while Aunt Willie cleans up the mess left behind and gains her sanity back! Geez!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yikes!!! Thank god I live In Florida, even though it isn't that much warmer today

What a weekend--several inches of snow, ice and blizzard like conditions! Started out to do some Christmas shopping in it yesterday morning only to get a call from my brother saying his house and my Mom's house were both without power. We turned around and had to get kerosene heaters and go down to their homes the opposite direction about 45 minutes (on a usual drive) to deliver them. They really got the ice there!

Now today it is 0 degrees with windchills of -25! Nieces and nephews here (6 of them, ages 6 months to 9 years) and we have made cookies, wrapped gifts, drew Christmas pictures, sang Christmas carols and now time for a Christmas movie. With any luck they will all dose off for awhile while Aunt Willie cleans up the mess left behind and gains her sanity back! Geez!!!
    Sounds like the nieces and nephews had a ball while Aunt Willie went crazy...but I bet you secretly had a ball, too! What a wonderfully Christmassy (adj.?) way to spend the day indoors!

That's it--I'm moving to Dallas!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd love to have you.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?