Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Sounds scary! I hate thunderstorms, and that size of hail could do some damage. We're back to the interminable rain and wind today, and two cats with crossed legs!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That mess on Sunday, then yesterday there was thick fog till noon and it warmed up to 65 degrees F!

My car now looks like a mudball since I live on a gravel/mud road!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Uuuuh, seems the weather conditions are not the best in the USA. My aunt told me they are having freezing temperatures for almost 2 months now. She hardly go outside of her house not to speak about all the cats.
    In Germany it's just cold and damp but not freezing.

Pouring down rain today and 33 degrees F. Changing to snow later!

Default weather

I haven't been able to post for a couple of days and if this is the wrong place to post, please move me to the proper forum, ok?
    The weather here in Tennessee has been quite scary. Most of you have probably heard about the outbreak of tornados in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our state has had 24 deaths at last count. We had hail stones as large as baseballs that fell hard enough to knock a person down. At one point there were 5 tornados on the ground within a 10 mile radius of my house. I actually heard the roar of one coming right for us that lifted less than a 1/4 mile of us, but not before killing 2 men a few minutes from us. The same tornado touched down about 10 miles away and killed a friend of ours. There's a section of town that's flattened now that included a police officer friend's home. He lost everything, including his beautiful horses. My other friend's animal rescue was hit pretty hard also, all of her dog houses were destroyed and her horses ran through the fences, cutting themselves in their panic. Nearly every one in my immediate neighborhood had car windows knocked out or their house windows blown out by the pressure, and lots of holes in their roofs. So many people in all 5 states have lost so much, but these things are minor when you think of those that lost their lives. You'd think I'd be used to this after living in Oklahoma's "tornado alley" for 12 years, but I guess there are some things you never get used to. The scariest part for me was my son's being about 5 miles away and not knowing what was happening to him because there was no phone service. It's funny how these things work, all he had was rain. But everyone is picking up the pieces, making the best of what's left. It warms my soul to see that every where the tornados hit, friends, families and strangers are giving help and support to those in need.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Oh my, rckn, I'm so glad you are ok. I heard about all these twisters and thought about our southern friends here. There has been terrible devastation. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and everyone affected.

What about DonFan? Has she been online today? And Margie?

Default Re: weather

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    I haven't been able to post for a couple of days and if this is the wrong place to post, please move me to the proper forum, ok?
    The weather here in Tennessee has been quite scary. Most of you have probably heard about the outbreak of tornados in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our state has had 24 deaths at last count. We had hail stones as large as baseballs that fell hard enough to knock a person down. At one point there were 5 tornados on the ground within a 10 mile radius of my house. I actually heard the roar of one coming right for us that lifted less than a 1/4 mile of us, but not before killing 2 men a few minutes from us. The same tornado touched down about 10 miles away and killed a friend of ours. There's a section of town that's flattened now that included a police officer friend's home. He lost everything, including his beautiful horses. My other friend's animal rescue was hit pretty hard also, all of her dog houses were destroyed and her horses ran through the fences, cutting themselves in their panic. Nearly every one in my immediate neighborhood had car windows knocked out or their house windows blown out by the pressure, and lots of holes in their roofs. So many people in all 5 states have lost so much, but these things are minor when you think of those that lost their lives. You'd think I'd be used to this after living in Oklahoma's "tornado alley" for 12 years, but I guess there are some things you never get used to. The scariest part for me was my son's being about 5 miles away and not knowing what was happening to him because there was no phone service. It's funny how these things work, all he had was rain. But everyone is picking up the pieces, making the best of what's left. It warms my soul to see that every where the tornados hit, friends, families and strangers are giving help and support to those in need.
    Oh Becky, I'm SO sorry to read this! I'm glad you and your son are okay, but my empathy goes out to the families and friends of those who lost their lives, and to those who have lost all their possessions. I'm sorry too that one of your friends was killed, and that another friend of yours had her animal rescue destroyed and lost her animals. We can only pray for the victims of this disaster.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Indeed, Becky! We'd seen some of the effects of these twisters and tornados on the tv but it must be very frightening to live through them. I'm glad your son was ok but extend my sympathies to the families of the bereaved. I hope those who have lost a lot will recover also.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

How terrible, Becky. I'm glad your son is ok and I'm sorry to hear so many lost their lives.
    Thank God I live in an area without any storms like that. When I have been in the USA a few years ago we had a tornado warning and had to go down to the basement, that was really scrary.

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience and the sad loss of life, both human and animal. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are safe, but very sad to hear about your friend. My condolences to his family.

Tornados were unheard of in Britain until recently, but there have been one or two very localised ones in the past year. Today we have sunshine and it's like a summer day - it's all wrong.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...