Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Ah, now that's HEAT and HUMIDITY of a whole different kind, GA!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Becky, again I am still playing catch up here, so I just read this. I am so glad you and your family are okay, but so sad for the victims and their families. What a devastasing thing to go through.

Katherine - you must be freezing. Congrats from me too on becoming a Border Desperado, and glad you are able to find comfort in your obsesssions here. I love your new AV - I guess you put that up to keep you nice and warm.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

It's absolutely freezing here! I look in the mirror and I can see the color I got from the wonderful California sunshine. My new tan looks good with my bulky sweatshirt, double-layer coat, boots, hat, gloves and scarf.
    [

Lol, mol! Bit of a change from just about sweating on Saturday, eh?

Poor you, Molly! It's been another unseasonably warm day today here, but the wind is getting up tonight.

By the way, I think we'd all like to see photographs of these tans - especially if they happen to include a certain golfer!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Default prayers

Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for those affected by the Tornados. Seems like nearly everyone I know has had some damage, but spirits are good here. Thankfully there were not more deaths. FEMA has arrived and doing a great job helping people, even my friend with the animal shelter.

Maleah, if you are seriously considering Tennessee, be careful what area you choose. We came here planning to settle in another area but found ourselves stuck where we are. For a small town, we have more than our share of crime, mostly theft and drugs, but I know it could be worse. In many places, property is cheap so the cost of living isn't bad, but there are not many jobs in this area. Memphis and Nashville both have some nice areas, but not all areas are safe. If you homeschool, be careful to follow ALL the rules or you'll find yourself caught up in the court system as I did, and it isn't pretty. Good luck wherever you end up.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm freezing here. It's 17 degrees F and lightly snowing. We just have about an inch, but the roads are slick. Thankfully, I only live about 2 miles from work on a country road.

We had a high of 14 yesterday and a low of 5. That's not as bad as some of you, but I'm cold anyway!

I'm hoping for spring soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: prayers

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    Maleah, if you are seriously considering Tennessee, be careful what area you choose. We came here planning to settle in another area but found ourselves stuck where we are. For a small town, we have more than our share of crime, mostly theft and drugs, but I know it could be worse. In many places, property is cheap so the cost of living isn't bad, but there are not many jobs in this area. Memphis and Nashville both have some nice areas, but not all areas are safe. If you homeschool, be careful to follow ALL the rules or you'll find yourself caught up in the court system as I did, and it isn't pretty. Good luck wherever you end up.
    I'm not really sure yet how serious I am. lol I'm such a chicken and all.......but I really loved the Nashville area when I was there last year. I know some people who live in Hendersonville and Murfreesboro who seem to enjoy it, but I've never actually been to either place. The job thing doesn't sound good though! Thanks so much for the tips!!

I'd be very frightened moving to an area in the torhado belt. Best of luck with your decisions, Maleah.

Rckn, I'm glad to hear that aid has come quickly. it's going to take a long time to sort the damage.

Brooke, that sounds cooold! Yesterday it was so warm here, 62F, 16C, that my son and his friends went surfing! One of his friends turned up at my house before Mark was home. He hadn't even worn a wetsuit and was shivering, so I made him get in the shower. Mark thought that was hilarious when he got home 20 minutes later!

We've got daffodils and crocuses out in the garden.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    We've got daffodils and crocuses out in the garden.
    Oooooh, you're making me jealous, gef! Those sound wonderful!

We had what the weathermen called a "surprise snowstorm" yesterday! They called for flurries. I took off work early to run to town (about 20 miles) and run a few errands. It was flurrying and about 20 degrees F. When I came out of the eye doctors the snow was heavier and it was beginning to accumulate. I had plannned to go across the river into Illinois to another town (another 20 miles-did someone say there was a gas shortage? ), but decided I'd better get back home. We only got about an inch, but the roads got very slick in a hurry. The news said they had about 20 accidents reported before 6 pm.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten