Thread: Joe Covers Album

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Joe Covers Album

Having listened to Part of the Plan a fair number of times now, I wonder if Joe would ever release a covers album. I found Analog Man OK, but the songs weren't that memorable. I don't know if he doesn't feel inspired to write so much these days. If that's the case, and I could easily be wrong, then I wonder if a covers album would be a good option. There are plenty of songs that Joe could do an excellent job at.

Just random musing. Anyone else think the same?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Covers Album

Having listened to Analog Man another time since I first posted, I may have been a bit unfair. I'll listen to it a few more times to get to know the music better.

Though, I do like well executed covers albums, and there are loads of songs that Joe could do really well. E.g. a more conventionally instrumented 'To One In Paradise' by the Alan Parsons Project.

Banned

Default Re: Joe Covers Album

In my opinion, Joe doesn't need great songs to make a great album, focus and inspiration are probably more important. I think there's too much songwriting on Analog Man and not enough musical craft. Joe's guitar chops are still mighty but I don't think his vocals match up.

Still, I'll take anything I can get so it's disappointed that the follow up to Analog Man has taken so long, with a possibility that there may not even be one, as Joe seems ready to abandon the recording process altogether.

I've just viewed one of Joe's recent House Of Blues concerts and Joe told the audience that it was being video'd in 3d so his next release could well be a virtual reality experience! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVxEthY7XU