Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracks That Didn’t Make Hotel California

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Tracks That Didn’t Make Hotel California

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I think I read somewhere that they discussed releasing TALA as a single when Randy was leaving the band in case it would encourage him to stay. A pity in a way; I think it would have made a great single. But with Randy leaving, it wouldn't make sense to release it.
    I remember Glenn saying that they would have released TALA as the next single if Randy hadn't left. I've always wondered why they couldn't release it anyway after he left. That would explain it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I remember Glenn saying that they would have released TALA as the next single if Randy hadn't left. I've always wondered why they couldn't release it anyway after he left. That would explain it.
    If it was a hit, audiences would expect it to be played in concert and without Randy, that would be difficult. (I've heard such an explanation of why Randy's vocals were removed from the first Poco album, and with a song like TALA, I can't imagine anyone else singing it).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    If it was a hit, audiences would expect it to be played in concert and without Randy, that would be difficult. (I've heard such an explanation of why Randy's vocals were removed from the first Poco album, and with a song like TALA, I can't imagine anyone else singing it).
    Of course. I've never thought of that.

Stuck on the Border

I have read numerous interviews with Glenn where he stated TALA would have been the next song released from HC had Randy not left. It's a shame, because I really love that song. However, I agree that if it was released who would sing it since Randy was no longer with the band. Sadly, it made no sense to release it.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I would guess that it will never happen, but I'd like to hear Don Felder's demo tape that included HC, VoL, and presumably lots of other guitar based tracks that we've never heard.
    Oh my gosh, that would be so cool. You can be sure the tape still exists.

Banned

I believe that Felder has stated that the title track of his most recent album, Return To Forever, originated from the mid-seventies, which places it on that same cassette as "Mexican Reggae".

I wonder if the wonderful talents of Glenn and Don could have made a decent Eagles track out of it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I believe that Felder has stated that the title track of his most recent album, Return To Forever, originated from the mid-seventies, which places it on that same cassette as "Mexican Reggae".

I wonder if the wonderful talents of Glenn and Don could have made a decent Eagles track out of it
    This is the second time you have called it Return To Forever.

It's Road To Forever.

Banned

Thanks for the correction Freypower and apologis to Felder, he deserves better than my careless attitude.

I can't think of anything that Walsh may have presented to the band during the making of Hotel California. The Eagles feature on Joe's solo LPs before and after HC but I think the gaps are too long to think any tracks could have turnrd up on Hotel California.

I was so disappointed to read in a recent Don H interview that nothing in the vaults will ever be released but then Hell did freeze over!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    I was so disappointed to read in a recent Don H interview that nothing in the vaults will ever be released but then Hell did freeze over!
    Don't believe a word Don says - there is plenty of stuff in that vault. He just does not want any of it released. Dumb move on his part. Fans have been begging for years for more concert footage. They have the FULL Capital Center video that they are holding on to.