Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oakland, CA 10-11-05

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Dreamer! This has me so excited!

Point 1! I am bringing my very own Eagle magnet. She's 6!!!!!! Her name is Laura (Timtot)

And if she gets ANY guitar pics, well mummy just might have to confiscate them

Point 2 Blue top. Definitely. The search starts HERE!

Point 3 Do they let you take notes?

Point 4. If there is any hope of getting backstage, myself MF and TT will wait all night if necessary,

I'm getting too excited to think coherently or say any more for now.
    Point 1: GA, you can't confiscate TT's picks! She has to give them to me, since I need them to play in the band and all...

Point 4: Oh, you said it, GA!

I'm sorry, I'm letting my hopes run away with me again...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I get the impression you're looking forward to this gig MF!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Do you really think so, GA? How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Do you really think so, GA? How do you know?
    You girls are very observant! I didn't realise I was making myself so obvious!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    And you are so lucky to have seen Glenn so many times! This London gig might be the only time I get to see him and the other boys! I've got a lot riding on this trip!
    MF - Believe me, I realize how lucky I am to be able to do this. I must say though, I had to wait a very long time. I have been an Eagles fan since the very beginning, but I never even saw them live until 2003 (yes, that is 31 years). So I figure that with all of my good fortune over the past couple of years, I'm just making up for lost time. You are also right that the guys do appear to be very caring about their fans. But you know the bottom line is this - I have been to some shows where I didn't get noticed at all, and it didn't matter. I still loved them. Special moments are just that - special - but, I know you all will have a wonderful time no matter what happens. When it's all said and done, it really is all about their amazing music. I know you'll be blown away at the experience of hearing and seeing them live.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Point 3. Do they let you take notes?
    To answer 3.--Yes--they can stop you from taking pictures when they see a flash, but how are they going to stop you from taking notes?

Although I did wonder how you had any time to actually WATCH the show, after reading your long and excellent review, Dreamer. I'm glad you were able to go to another show and concentrate on watching the guys the whole time!

BTW, the next time someone asks if you are a reporter, just say yes. As a writer, I get that question all the time. And actually, you and everyone else who posts here ARE reporters, because we are all going to report what happened at each show right HERE!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is true DF. And believe me, I took my journalistic responsibilities very seriously. I did actually get to see the show because I remember doing a lot of my writing in between the songs. But still, I was very busy working the note pad throughout the evening.

And GA - I meant to mention in my last post, good luck with Timtot (I love that name). It may be a good idea to dress her in bright clothes as well.

And one more thing - MF - no, I'm not a Virgo. I'm a Saggitarius.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well I'll have to admit it I know what you are saying Dreamer. Realistically we are going to the gig to have a good night and to get as close to the boys as possible. Anything else will be treated as a bonus. But in saying that we make our own opportunities so ......
    We shall not be found wanting in that department!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    And you are so lucky to have seen Glenn so many times! This London gig might be the only time I get to see him and the other boys! I've got a lot riding on this trip!
    MF - Believe me, I realize how lucky I am to be able to do this. I must say though, I had to wait a very long time. I have been an Eagles fan since the very beginning, but I never even saw them live until 2003 (yes, that is 31 years). So I figure that with all of my good fortune over the past couple of years, I'm just making up for lost time. You are also right that the guys do appear to be very caring about their fans. But you know the bottom line is this - I have been to some shows where I didn't get noticed at all, and it didn't matter. I still loved them. Special moments are just that - special - but, I know you all will have a wonderful time no matter what happens. When it's all said and done, it really is all about their amazing music. I know you'll be blown away at the experience of hearing and seeing them live.
    Wow, Dreamer - I wish I could say that I've been a fan for that long - 31 years is indeed a long time, and you did wait a long time to see the boys. Good grief, I'm 31 years old! I'm so happy for you that you've managed to make up for lost time, as you say.

I agree with you that we will indeed have a fabulous time, whether or not the boys actually see us, although it would be fantastic if they did. As GA says, it would be a bonus. I must just tell you that reading your review really warmed my heart, both for the happiness that you experienced and because I love the boys so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    And GA - I meant to mention in my last post, good luck with Timtot (I love that name). It may be a good idea to dress her in bright clothes as well.
    I have a lovely fuschia dress that she got for Christmas

What do you folks think. Without the black cardie??

Or would her cream one stand out more?

I suppose in the end it'll be her decision anyway!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP