Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2018

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Okay - I'm going to repost essentially what I wrote earlier in another thread just to clear up any misunderstandings ...

"I know all the different threads are confusing. But I think right now they are probably the best compromise we can come up with. Here's how I am thinking about it in order to keep it straight in my little brain ...

The 'No Glenn; No Legit Eagles' thread is for those who disagree with this lineup/tour and just want to vent.

The tour threads are for those who are excited about the shows and just want to celebrate.

Then, last but not least, the 'How do you feel about this years full-fledged tour' thread is for those who want to debate the pros and cons of this lineup/tour.

Again, I know all this may seem pretty clumsy, but, at least for right now, it seems to be the best way to keep the peace. As much as we try, I can't think of anything that is going to make everyone happy, but we'll do the best we can.'

But as we moderators have also warned repeatedly ... name-calling and pointing fingers at other members is disrespectful and against the Terms of Service and can earn you a strike. And yes - it is also very negative. So if you want to be positive and don't want others to rain on your parade, then please don't do it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Glad you got your tickets, Shun! I'm sure you're excited and will have a great time at the show.

So happy you got tickets! It's a fantastic show, you will definitely enjoy yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    After months of setbacks on my end, I'm officially going to see the Eagles on June 20th. I don't know if I should get excited posting this.
    Good for you Shun ! I'm so happy for you. Don't be afraid to post - people will be happy for you. We all know how much you have been looking forward to seeing them. June will be here before you know it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great Shun!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I have moved several off-topic posts. Please keep this thread about what it's supposed to be: excitement for the show. I also ask the people who are going to the show to remain on topic as well; if you are dissatisfied with something or wish to express a grievance, you can express that dissatisfaction in the appropriate thread in order to keep this one drama-free.

I have left Dreamer's warning to remind everyone of that fact.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

One more month until I see the Eagles in New Orleans. I'm excited and its also bittersweet knowing Glenn is not with them and I was able to see him.

I'm counting down to this and also my vacation exactly 3 weeks after the concert. I have to drive back down there to head on my cruise.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Shun - I am excited for you. Here's hoping you have a great time !

One more week until I drive down to New Orleans to see the Eagles. I can't believe its almost here.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, that's awesome! I have a week and half till I see them!! Can't wait!