Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2018

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

2 more days. I'm getting excited. I know I will be super tired after the concert since I'm driving back home after the show, but it will be soo worth it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Shun - Here's hoping you have a great time and safe travels.

Thanks, NKIT. Its been a long time coming. I'm just sad it was too late for me to see Glenn with them. My only regret. I just wanted too long.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    2 more days. I'm getting excited. I know I will be super tired after the concert since I'm driving back home after the show, but it will be soo worth it.
    I've made that exact same drive after a show (from NOLA through Jackson on my way home), and I have a helpful hint.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you find yourself getting drowsy enough where you have to make an effort to keep your eyes open and your head up (like you're trying to turn up the radio and stuff to keep alert), then pull over into a well-lit parking lot (like a fast food restaurant or a big gas station) and take a nap in the back seat for a half hour or however long you need.

I had an accident once from falling asleep at the wheel and it's well worth the short delay to be safe.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've made that exact same drive after a show (from NOLA through Jackson on my way home), and I have a helpful hint.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you find yourself getting drowsy enough where you have to make an effort to keep your eyes open and your head up (like you're trying to turn up the radio and stuff to keep alert), then pull over into a well-lit parking lot (like a fast food restaurant or a big gas station) and take a nap in the back seat for a half hour or however long you need.

I had an accident once from falling asleep at the wheel and it's well worth the short delay to be safe.
    Thanks for the advice, Soda. I will do that if I start feeling drowsy. I should had taken the next day off, but I'll be off again in 3 weeks for my cruise.

I'm only taken an hour off of work to drive down to New Orleans. I don't remember how bad the traffic is in New Orleans, but I shouldn't have too much trouble with traffic.

Happy and safe travels, Shun!! Hope you have an awesome time.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Aaaah, Shun, I'm so excited for you. It's really something to have Don, Joe and Timothy singing their songs right there in front of you, in the same room! It's even something seeing Steuart and Will and the other backing musicians live, after seeing them on video for so many years - they're sort of famous too! (to us, at least haha). Can't wait to read your review. Be safe. Hopefully they play VoL.

ETA: actually will be cool to see Deacon right there, too

I've seen Will, Michael, Milo, Scott, Erica and Steuart with Don last year. So this will be my first time seeing them playing with the guys.

I've seen Don, Joe, and Vince's solo shows, but I've never seen Timothy in concert.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-19-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Shun, so happy you're getting to go- I'm getting all excited for your first Eagles concert, myself!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Rebel

So excited for you, Shun! Have a great time!