This is a bit late, but Joe Walsh's much overlooked album Got Any Gum turned 30 this past Halloween!

Obviously this record was not a highlight of Joe Walsh's career, but I think it has a few redeeming tracks! The two singles "The Radio Song" and "In My Car" are both a lot of fun. To be honest, "The Radio Song" is probably my favorite Joe Walsh music video. Great opening with Wolfman Jack!

I also think "Half of the Time" is worth a listen.

Walsh recorded the album at Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN. I happened to visit Memphis this year, and as luck would have it, I had to time to pass by both Ardent and "Playhouse on the Square" which is the new name of the old Memphian Theatre that is featured on the album cover of Got Any Gum. Fun!

Here's a photo of me outside Ardent:

And outside of the old theater:

Looks a lot better on the record:

Also in Memphis, there are some photos of Joe on display the Rock'n'Soul Museum, taken around the time he recorded this album.

Walsh was severe alcoholic when he recorded Got Any Gum, so some of the promotional interviews he does during that time are a bit cringe-y. Although I think he comes off rather funny in this one with Letterman.

Anyway, Joe doesn't really acknowledge this album in current concerts or interviews, but that doesn't mean we have to pretend it doesn't exist! Certainly not his best work, but it's not completely without value either.

Happy 30th to Got Any Gum!