Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBS at The Dosey Doe—The Woodlands TX, Dec. 6, 2017

Default TBS at The Dosey Doe—The Woodlands TX, Dec. 6, 2017

I really enjoyed Timothy’s show. He and his band put on a really good performance. Plus I got to meet Houston Baby. She had a primo seat. It’s late though so I will give more details later.

Also, my daughter accompanied me and she had a Timothy sighting! She actually made eye contact with him. Only she didn’t know who he was at the time, lol.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: TBS at The Dosey Doe—The Woodlands TX, Dec. 6, 2017

I'm glad you had a great time Delilah. Can't wait to hear more!
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

As Delilah said, Timothy put on a wonderful show & he looked great!! I am on the way to the airport this morning, seeing George Strait in Las Vegas Saturday. I will add some thoughts later.
    It was great meeting you Delilah! Only wished we would have had more time to visit. Hopefully some other time!

HB- it was so nice meeting you! And have fun at the GS concert!

Ok, here’s my review of the show...

My Evening with Mr. Timothy B

It started off with some anxiety due to there being a traffic accident on the main freeway to the Dosey Doe; we were only a few miles away when traffic slowed to a crawl. It was rainy and dark—not ideal conditions. Fortunately we got there in time to enjoy our dinner and an hour ahead of Timothy taking the stage.

When we first entered, there was some confusion about where to present our tickets; apparently there was a snafu with the people ahead of us. As I stood in line, my daughter got restless and wandered off around the corner. After a few minutes I called her name and she answered me and returned (there is a point to this tidbit so please bear with me).

I had never been to this venue before and it was quaint and country-like. It was reminiscent of some old honky-tonk from the days of my youth, except there was no sawdust floor. Apparently they just won some kind of award for being the best live entertainment venue in 201 or something. The announcer said the all-wood interior made for great acoustics.

Our seats were in the upper balcony. While waiting for the concert to start, I noticed a few guys in dark clothes going in and out of some double doors at the other side of the room. I could see glimpses of people holding guitars. I couldn’t help but wonder if Timothy was in there. I was tempted go over there and peek in but then a big dude emerged and sat down at a nearby table. I figured he must part of Timothy’s security detail. My daughter had a better view from where she was sitting across from me. She saw someone in there who looked just like a man she saw downstairs when we were waiting to sign in. Wondering if it was Timothy, I got some more details from her. Yes, it was TBS downstairs. She was walking along looking at pictures on the wall when she noticed him. At that point she heard me call her name and he looked at her, made eye contact then looked down. She didn’t realize who he was! Needless to say she doesn’t pay much attention to the Eagles, lol.

Here’s the setlist (not much different from his previous shows; please forgive any misspelling of people’s names)

One More Mile
    He then introduces John McFee of the Doobie Bros
    My Hat
    The Shadow
    Red Dirt Road (JM plays the fiddle)
    Ella Jean (TBS plays the harmonica, tells the story of his wife taking off to Hawaii for 2 weeks, then 3 and 4 weeks)
    White Boy from Sacramento (ft. JM again and the backup singers, who show up late, eliciting some jokes from TBS the rest of the evening, TBS plays bass)
    Downtime

Band intros
    Chris Farmer (who has toured with The Beach Boys): keyboards, bass, tuba (although he didn’t play tuba here)
    Bobby Carlos (guitar tech for the Eagles): bass, ukulele
    Herman Matthews (remember the big security dude? I was apparently mistaken): drums; someone calls out “the Hermanator”! He gets a lot of applause after TBS informs he’s from Houston
    Marlena Jeter, Lynn Fidmark, Nortenette Stevens: backup vocals
    Hank Lindermann: lead guitar, “a real brother to me” says TBS

Parachute (blistering guitar solos by Hank and John)
    Some lady sitting up above behind him yells out “I love you Timothy! Then someone else calls out “me too!” There may have been a “me three!” as well
    All Those Faces (TBS plays this alone with his acoustic guitar and harmonica- very impressive when he plays both at the same time!! However at the beginning he loses his place or forgets his words and he has to start over again. I think those ladies may have distracted him)
    You’re So Wild
    PEF (he spoke about Glenn, said this is a song he’s been singing backing vocals for decades and they are performing it again. He’s going to keep performing it until the 2-year mark and then let it go.)
    All I Want to Do
    I Can See Everything (he says Poco used to come to Houston often)
    What I Should Do

Timothy then says it’s time to cozy up to everyone and the band members gather around, a lady above and behind him calls out “turn around” and they do and wait for her to take their picture. The Timothy jokes and says “I’m right in line with my bald spot” then he says let’s go Poco-ing
    Keep on Tryin
    Friday Night (he did the “it’s Wednesday night, right” bit)
    I Refuse
    Secular Praise
    ICTYW
    A Good Day (“let’s end this thing on a high note” he only plays the harm here, no guitar so he kind of gets expressive with his hands)

Encore:
    I Don’t Want to Hear Anymore*
    Love Will Keep Us Alive

Timothy sang well, his voice was in good form. Only a couple of times he seemed to strain; there was one high note he didn’t quite reach but that was at the end. His band was very good. I wasn’t expecting his dry sense of humor. I think he may not have liked those people calling out stuff to him but I may be wrong. I guess it can be off-putting knowing that there are people right above and behind you. I wonder how he handled those ladies being late onstage. He made light of it during the show (“I turned around and no one was there”). A lot of other artists may have yelled at them after the concert.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and even my daughter had a good time, given that the only song she recognized was PEF.

*there’s something that always bugged me about this song. Last night I realized it sounds just like “I’ll Be Alright Without You” by Journey.

A couple of pics. Unfortunately the close-ups didn’t come out too well.

A call and answer thing where the backup singers accuse Timothy of being a white boy from Sacramento.

That's cool, Delilah. Glad you had a good time and your daughter seeing Timothy and not knowing it...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like a great time Delilah! Nice pictures too! Thanks for sharing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the review Delilah. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and lucky for your daughter to have met TBS (even if she didn't recognize him)
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Thanks, D!

I'm breathless at the thought of just coming across TBS in the hallway...LOL...lucky girl!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So glad you both had a great time Delilah and HB!!! So funny about your daughter not knowing it was him Delilah. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."