Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday night/ Eagles live

Default Saturday night/ Eagles live

I personally really like Saturday Night but I know it was not a hit and it was a song not many knew. My question is why did the band bring it back near the very end and why did they put it on Eagles live? They left plenty of hits off but put SN on. Is it to get a partial lead vocal from Timothy on the album?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Saturday night/ Eagles live

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I personally really like Saturday Night but I know it was not a hit and it was a song not many knew. My question is why did the band bring it back near the very end and why did they put it on Eagles live? They left plenty of hits off but put SN on. Is it to get a partial lead vocal from Timothy on the album?
    'Partial lead vocal'? He sings one line. He also DOES have a lead vocal on that album; I Can't Tell You Why.

I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question. However, they also brought it back for the HOTE tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    'Partial lead vocal'? He sings one line. He also DOES have a lead vocal on that album; I Can't Tell You Why.

I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question. However, they also brought it back for the HOTE tour.
    I’ve seen Randy get credited with a shared lead vocal on the song, that’s why I mentioned it. I doubt someone would know but there has to be a reason behind it.

Stuck on the Border

I’ve seen Randy get credited with a shared lead vocal on the song, that’s why I mentioned it. I doubt someone would know but there has to be a reason behind it.
    Randy sings on the version of the song on the Desperado album. By the time of Eagles Live Randy was no longer in the band, so Tim sings the line 'she said tell me, oh tell me' and then they harmonise on 'was I alright'. He sings the exact same part that Randy sang on the album version.

Hope that helps.

Banned

It was brought back for HOTE because it was the only song the four original Eagles wrote together. Completely appropriate for the show opener for that reason, in my opinion.

Randy sings on the version of the song on the Desperado album. By the time of Eagles Live Randy was no longer in the band, so Tim sings the line 'she said tell me, oh tell me' and then they harmonise on 'was I alright'. He sings the exact same part that Randy sang on the album version.

Hope that helps.
    Sorry I understand that part what I mean is that I heard that when it was originally sung it was consider a shared lead vocal. So I figured the band wanted Tim to have a bigger role in the album considering Randy has TITTL on the live record. I figured there was some reasoning behind it is all

Stuck on the Border

Sorry I understand that part what I mean is that I heard that when it was originally sung it was consider a shared lead vocal. So I figured the band wanted Tim to have a bigger role in the album considering Randy has TITTL on the live record. I figured there was some reasoning behind it is all
    I'm sorry, but singing one line of a song does not amount to a 'shared lead vocal'. I don't know who gave you that impression, and as I said, Tim has I Can't Tell You Why on Eagles Live.

I'm sorry, but singing one line of a song does not amount to a 'shared lead vocal'. I don't know who gave you that impression, and as I said, Tim has I Can't Tell You Why on Eagles Live.
    I got it from Wikipedia which is obviously not always right so that’s where the mistake would come from I guess

Border Desperado

some sources credit Randy with “lead vocal in the bridge” on saturday night.
    perhaps that could be considered shared lead vocal?

same with on the border (never mind your name)

Banned

When I bought Eagles Live (my first Eagles album), I wasn't aware of their back catalog. Saturday Night was one of my favorite tracks on the album and I've never considered it a lesser Eagles track. I was surprised to find out that it wasn't on their best selling Greatest Hits album. I consider(ed) Seven Bridges Road as the weakest track, by a distance.

After releasing The Long Run the band were reluctant to do a live album but they were persuaded to by the suits.

They recorded some live dates, including an acoustic set of Saturday Night, After The Thrill Is Gone, Keep On Tryin' (Schmit) and Seven Bridges Road. It's a great version of Saturday Night with a different line up to the one that originally recorded it.