Thread: Glenn’s Last Solo Performance

Default Glenn’s Last Solo Performance

Does anyone know when it was? I’m thinking it may be the one discussed in this concert review thread, which was on May 4, 2013 in Maui, HI. Of course he may performed at some private events after this.

According to setlist.com he only performed solo in Texas 2x: in 1982 (Austin) and 1992 (Dallas). Does anyone know of other dates in Texas? That’s seems pretty sparse in terms of appearances.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Glenn’s Last Solo Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah
    According to setlist.com he only performed solo in Texas 2x: in 1982 (Austin) and 1992 (Dallas). Does anyone know of other dates in Texas? That’s seems pretty sparse in terms of appearances.
    He and Joe Walsh did three dates in Texas as "The Party of Two" in 1993 and those shows featured several solo songs. However, straight up solo shows open to the public are limited to the two you named, as far as I know.

Glenn did a show in Plano in 2005 for the Gleneagles Country Club celebrating their 20th anniversary, but I think it was private.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Glenn performed at major league baseball's Rawlings Gold Glove Awards in late fall 2014. I don't know if that was his last solo gig, but there couldn't have been too many more.

Thank you, Soda and EagleInKansas. I guess my best chance to see his solo concert was Dallas 1992, without traveling a long distance. I wouldn’t have minded seeing him at one of The Party of Two shows, but I don’t think Joe was in too great a shape during that time. Those people who got to see him at a private gig were very lucky.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thank you, Soda and EagleInKansas. I guess my best chance to see his solo concert was Dallas 1992, without traveling a long distance. I wouldn’t have minded seeing him at one of The Party of Two shows, but I don’t think Joe was in too great a shape during that time. Those people who got to see him at a private gig were very lucky.

Delilah - I would have loved to see Glenn in a solo concert too. Truthfully, I don't remember ever reading anywhere about solo concerts coming up in my area. So I don't know how much publicity they received. Sadly, I did not know about this great board until I discovered it the day Glenn died. From what I have read and the pictures I have seen, Joe looked in terrible shape at some of those POT Tours. UTW talked about seeing them and stated Glenn had to finish a song(can't remb.which one now) they were doing because Joe was in such bad shape. You are so right, everyone who saw him solo were so lucky.