Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total Run Time for All Eagles songs

Default Re: Total Run Time for All Eagles songs

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Unless I have missed something somewhere, I figured it up and the entirety of the Eagles recorded work would last 6 hours and 10 minutes roughly.

That's all the albums, plus SBR, ANL, HITW, PCHFC, FN.
    (This includes only 1 of each song)

Sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it?
    45 years.......7 hours of music...(and LRoOE is over an hour and a half of it)
    I don't think you can consider 1980-1994....the band had broken up. So it's 7 hours of music in 31 years, with most of it from 1972-1979. That still isn't a lot, but I'm grateful for what they did put out.

Banned

Ignoring Long Road Out Of Eden () most of it was 72-75!

Despite their struggles in the studio, they've never lost the ability to write great songs. Their solo albums are full of songs that would be great on Eagles albums. The Eagles adopted a method of recording that was so uncomfortable that they were/are reluctant to repeatedly put themselves through it.

They've performed, at least, a couple of hours worth of solo material, live in concert, over the years. They nailed them after just a few weeks of rehearsals, such a pity that they never recorded them for future posterity, with or without the audience present

I consider their solo work part of their collective output, as so many of them were played with the eagles or could have been eagles songs. (And many of the songs on LROOE could have been Henley or Frey solo songs, to the point where they could interchangeably have been on either).

Funk 50, you can get some recordings of them doing solo songs. There is a beautiful version of them doing The Heart of the Matter on the HFO bootleg, for example, and there are a few on the Millennium Concert cd (I recall Dirty Laundry and Funk #49 off the top of my head, although I think there are others).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I consider their solo work part of their collective output, as so many of them were played with the eagles or could have been eagles songs. (And many of the songs on LROOE could have been Henley or Frey solo songs, to the point where they could interchangeably have been on either).

Funk 50, you can get some recordings of them doing solo songs. There is a beautiful version of them doing The Heart of the Matter on the HFO bootleg, for example, and there are a few on the Millennium Concert cd (I recall Dirty Laundry and Funk #49 off the top of my head, although I think there are others).
    Those songs were not released as 'Eagles' and yes, a couple of them exist as live recordings under the name 'Eagles' but they were originally not Eagles recordings, and therefore do not count.

In any case, in your own post above you said that 1980-1994 could not be considered.

The only other solo song on the Millennium disc is All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

Oh my god, I am contradicting myself. It's been a long week, lol. I stand by what I said initially - 1980-1994 don't count. There are some of their solo songs that I like better performed with the band, so that makes them feel like eagles songs to me. I actually thought some of Joe's solo songs were eagles songs at first - the first time I heard/saw them was performed with the eagles.