Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta, GA 5-14-08

Another VERY detailed review can be found at this link:

http://www.byron-harvey.com/2008/05/...ng-the-eagles/

And a shorter review with some fan comments here:

NorthFulton.com

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Loved reading the reviews--thanks for finding them for us, Soda. The "middle-aged lady with an Eagles tat on her back" that is mentioned in the first long review is my friend Kelle. At the M&G she got Joe to sign "Joe Walsh" on her back beneath her tattoo, and it garnered a LOT of attention all night. "Is that really Joe Walsh's signature on your back? How did you get that?" etc.

And the comment from the older ladies in the second review--"It is just good old-folks music"--Excuse me? No way!

I'm off to my second show in a couple of hours. The friends I am taking with me this time are Eagles "newbies"--this is their first Eagles concert, although they have listened to me go on and on about the Eagles for years--boy, are they in for a fantastic experience! When I get back Sunday afternoon, I will post another review from the lawn seats.

What a great time, Dana. I'm so excited to hear the guys look & sound fantastic. I'm wondering why in the world I didn't decide to go to Hotlanta?? I'd have loved seeing you & Kelle & meeting Lynda & the others, much less seeing the best band in the WORLD! (kicking self repeatedly)

I'm so happy that the weather stayed good. We had huge thunderstorms with heavy wind, hail & lots of flooding & property damage here on Wednesday.

Glad you had fun & can't wait to hear more reviews. I know Lynda had fun, too. I read her reviews elsewhere. I WILL see the Eagles again this tour somewhere!

Have fun!

Margie

Thanks Margie!

It is a sleepy Sunday morning here in the hotel as I am waking up from my second concert. The guys were wonderful last night too!

The Saturday crowd was a little different--more younger fans, more partying--but the guys delivered another fantastic show. Glenn welcomed us by saying he had been a little "under the weather" but that he was better now and "on top of the weather." His voice cracked a little when he began singing, and he grinned sheepishly and kept on, and the rest of the night he sounded fine. Timmy's voice seemed a little hoarse too at the beginning, but they all hit their stride soon. Timmy thanked the Atlanta crowd sincerely and said "Atlanta audiences are the best," to everyone's delight.

It was kinda chilly here last night--by 11 p.m. it was about 55 degrees--so they wore their suit coats all night. Even in the lawn seats, we had a good view with the two TV screens and their backup screens, which are even more fun to watch from further back. I reeeeeally missed being closer, however. My friends were blown away by the concert and all of them vowed to go out and buy more Eagles music immediately.

Joe improvised a lot on his guitar solos and cut up a lot as usual. Don looked and sounded wonderful, and when he gave his little talk before The Long Run, he gave a little plug for the new album. He asked how many of us had the new album, then said "If you don't want to go to Walmart for it, you can go online at eaglesband.com to buy it." Glenn pushed the new album at one point too. Glenn also did his little funny voice when he was introducing the band, just like he did Wed night--he introduced everyone else in regular voice, then made his voice very high and squeaky when he introduced himself. Very cute.

Lots of waves to the crowd at the end, and Don bent over talking to a group of girls on the front row and walked back to his drum kit, got a pair of drumsticks and handed them to one girl. (Maybe one day...) All in all, a fabulous show as always!

Now, it's on to Myrtle Beach in two weeks!

Stuck on the Border

Dana, thanks for your reviews! Reading them really has me excited for Charlottesville!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks from me too Dana. I'm glad that Glenn has recovered if he wasn't feeling great. I just HOPE I'll get to see him again soon (I know I keep saying this!) I'm glad you'd such a good night!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the review DF. This is new for Glenn to introduce his (main) colleagues. I assume he leaves himself until last.

Out on the Border

Great reviews.

Yep, he introduces Don next to last--"The pride of Linden, Texas!" and himself last.

Thanks for the review - glad Glenn's feeling better. Can't wait 'til Myrtle Beach!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten