Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta, GA 5-14-08

WONDERFUL, DF! It's true what FP says - he didn't introduce the other Eagles in London, or even himself for that matter (as he did in F1). I would have loved to have heard his squeaky voice! I'm glad his voice survived the little hiccup at the beginning and that he's feeling better too. All that singing can take its toll - believe me, I know what I'm talking about! I'm glad that Timmy also got to peak form after the shaky start.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I thought of a couple more things about the last two concerts:
    One, even though Glenn does a fine job with it, the purist in me loves the original Take it to the Limit by Randy. However, I was amazed at the response it got live in concert. It had one of the loudest sing-alongs of the night. Everybody loves this song.

Two: During Dirty Laundry Saturday night, the guys lined up with their guitars and jumped together again. I loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Two: During Dirty Laundry Saturday night, the guys lined up with their guitars and jumped together again. I loved that.
    Oh, how I wish they had done that in London! That is a favourite moment of mine from F1. I wish I could jump and play the guitar at the same time! How do they DO it?

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

A girl gives a video blog review of the Friday Atlanta show on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFhpI9nArs

She kind of rambles a bit, but says that when she saw them in 2003 they "looked like hobos" and that they were a lot better this time. LOL!

Warning: insults of "middle-aged" people towards the end!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow. That was, like, a totally AWESOME blog about the Eagles concert.

The show last night, May 20th was as great as the one last Wednesday; except for the weather. When we got off the shuttle bus at the venue the tornado sirens were going off and as we we checking in at the ticket line it started hailing (the size of golf balls!!) We took shelter in the bathrooms which were constructed of cinderblocks so we knew they were sturdy. It was crazy! Both men and women were in the same bathrooms together and I don't think anyone minded. Folks were on their cellphones getting reports of tornados hitting houses of people they knew. I will admit, it was a scary situation.

The start of the concert, of course, was delayed about 30 minutes. Glenn said "The gods are angry 'cause this is our last night in Atlanta". Both Glenn and Joe sounded a little hoarse, but in time they got into great form. The crowd was really into it and had a great time. Timothy was awsome. His voice just wants to make you melt. Don did a little more talking than last week and all of them seemed to be having a great time.

Seeing them twice in a week will get you spoiled. Can't wait till I can see them again! :P

Samo, I am sorry you had such awful weather, especially after the gorgeous weather we had on Saturday night! Anyway, I'm glad the storm finally stopped and you got to enjoy the show.

After seeing pictures of other areas of Atlanta, it could have been worse. At least we did not get the damage that some places got.

One sad note though....here at home our friends house got struck by lightning and caught on fire. Thankfully the fire department was able to save part of it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's house! I hope everyone was safe and they could save most of their belongings.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So am I Samo! I hope anyone who was affected by these tornados have not been injured and that their homes are safe as well. We rarely experience that sort of weather over here.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP