Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
Ah a topic close to my heart. I always wanted more of the shared leads, particularly because I could never really distinguish the dual harmonies. I wish on the debut album, on songs like tryin,Nightingale, they had experimented more in that way or even the Long Run. HC worked cause of Henley's singular and soulful approach but definitely more Glenn or Bernie co leads wouldve pleased me.I always thought the longhaired members (Randy and Glenn) had a clear voices that contrasted well with the Afro members (Don H and Bernie) who had rougher voices; so maybe a Randy and Bernie co lead woudve been fantastic or Glenn taking the lead on Nightingale with Don singing just the bridge of 'Here goes my baby shining like a Nightingale..' etc. What do you all think about these ideas?
I’ve always viewed it that way. Glenn and Randy had clear smooth voices (though Randy had some bite on harmonies) that would contrast well with the more raspy voices of Bernie and Don. I think that made the harmonies as great as they were. The dynamics of that changed with Tim, who’s voice wasn’t as clear as Randy though joes is more clear than Bernie’s. I’d love some more shared vocals in the early days