Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    well he is the only member left in the EAGLES LTD so whatever he says goes i thought henley would release at least the rest of capital centre at least ... or from LROOE like you said, i would love to see footage from that concert
    And I'm sure he loves that fact, Edward.

While he and Glenn were both the bosses when Glenn was alive, even Don would play second fiddle to Glenn if it came down to it. However for the most part they would agree on big decisions in the later years.

But now not having anyone "check" him on his choices or tell him "uh, no!" means he shows himself to be quite greedy and IMO devoid of a conscience with regards to doing the right thing regarding 3.0. Irving is quite the enabler, it seems!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Gotta keep the cash cow producing!

Count me in as one of those not watching this and not buying. Not even interested.

Stuck on the Border

We've come a long way from this:

"It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”

That was about performing without Glenn Frey. Now we have a DVD. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Gotta keep the cash cow producing!

Count me in as one of those not watching this and not buying. Not even interested.
    And they'll keep that cash cow on life support as long as humanly possible.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    We've come a long way from this:

"It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”

That was about performing without Glenn Frey. Now we have a DVD. 👍
    It's amazing how some will bend when they smell money. IMO, it just shows that his respect for Glenn as a person and his leadership in the band and his talents and contributions in the Eagles were overtaken by Irving's promise of big money. Maybe he does respect Glenn's legacy, but not to the point where he won't stop doing the wrong thing. At that point, you might as well not even respect him, IMO. It's just shallow.

I have always thought Irving Azoff has classic little man syndrome. He consistently tries to push above his weight class. The guy looks like a garden gnome, yet he loves to sue people, push his weight around, and act all high and mighty and try to intimidate people and thinks so highly of himself. He's lucky he's a rich A-list manager and executive in Hollywood. Because had he not been, and had been an average Joe and more "accessible" by the people at large, he would have been picked up and had some sense shook into him until he realized he wasn't so manipulative and so controlling as he once may have thought. LOL. I have much distaste for Irving. I've read his interviews, I've seen his interviews (on HOTE and elsewhere), and have followed him for many years. The fact he had the gall to call and yell at Lindsey Buckingham on behalf of Stevie Nicks tells me all I need to know about that "man". Until he was fired - he was working for Lindsey, not the other way around. He had to call him to tell him the news, but to have the nerve to chastise him because Stevie told him to and start yelling at his client told me he really thinks far too much of himself. Lindsey could have snapped him in two had he pulled that in person. But because it's from the safety of a phone call and knowing he wouldn't see him anytime soon in person, he decided to play high school principal and give Lindsey a proper scolding and just yell at him about his behavior at MusicCares. There's a reason he's called "the poisoned dwarf"!
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 07-02-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

They would make a lot more money releasing quality stuff from their golden era.

Or are they still trying to claim they sound "better than ever"?

Yeah, right.

They can call it "Hotel California Live But Not Really."

Not buying it, either literally or figuratively.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am actually amused by some of your comments. I guess that is called progress when I can actually roll my eyes and giggle at some of this instead of seethe in anger and frustration. Now, don't get me wrong, the anger and frustration aren't gone, but I can find some levity in the ridiculousness and absurdity of it all.

Faux Eagles performing Hotel California Live But Not Really does actually seem like greed or something. It feels like a desperate thing, doesn't it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I am actually amused by some of your comments. I guess that is called progress when I can actually roll my eyes and giggle at some of this instead of seethe in anger and frustration. Now, don't get me wrong, the anger and frustration aren't gone, but I can find some levity in the ridiculousness and absurdity of it all.

Faux Eagles performing Hotel California Live But Not Really does actually seem like greed or something. It feels like a desperate thing, doesn't it?
    Very. I've never quite seen so much desperation and greed and shallowness like I have in the way that Don and Irving have handled the continuance of the Eagles after Glenn's passing. It's just dirty and has this icky gross feel to it. It's just so wrong and yet some people lap it up like mother's milk. I still have a problem with that, but that seems to upset some people so we'll leave it at that. Where I won't stand quiet is when they have the gall to say the show is better than with Glenn. There are only a few, in fairness, but that to me is just wrong. They must not be Eagles fans if they think that. Glenn was the MVP - THE Eagle.

I think I echo your sentiment Dreamer on how I feel about it and being able to laugh at them now and again, however make no mistake I'm still full of distaste for Don Henley. And Irving Azoff, but I really don't think there is anything admirable about him and never did, so no love lost there. But Don hurt. I respected Don as a great artist, lyricist, and vocalist. He's sung a lot of my favorite songs. He's always been talented. And yes his divisive personality has long been talked about, so to some extent Don has always been Don, but the 3.0 deal is just what deflated my balloon of respect for him. His malcontent ways and cynical attitude would wear on me from time to time, although it does make for good lyrics. After awhile it just makes Don look like a curmudgeon and a nasty person who is never happy and always complains and is "woe-is-me". I've long heard stories from musicians who've had the "privilege" of playing with Don, all of whom say he was not the most welcoming fellow, some of whom say he was a complete jerk. That said, I was able to ignore a lot of that until he did the unthinkable by trying to move on without Glenn and trying to replace him with two watered down examples, who together can't even reach Glenn's heights. I respect Deacon Frey for trying and I don't wish him ill will. However, little Glenn he is NOT. And I wouldn't walk across the road to see Vince Gill, he really soured me on himself with his giddiness about replacing a "friend". I don't respect him like I do Deacon. To me he jumped at the chance a little too happily and seemed a little too gleeful in those early interviews. He might be the nice guy to some, or that he had a successful career without them, but I DO think he jumped at the chance to add the Faux Eagles to his resume. One cannot deny it would be the biggest thing he's ever done. He needed it, to some extent, to just take it on.

The bottom line: Today my TV will be off. Call it cancel culture or boycott or whatever. But I'm not going to take a chance to see that crap on my screen. And I just want to do it on principal alone.

Will they care? No, lol. Will it make me feel better? Abso-freaking-lutely! And that's all that counts/matters. I worry about reruns of this, so I'll be checking TV Guide before flipping ESPN on anytime soon.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I am one of those who think it's not the Eagles without Glenn, but my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the ESPN concert for about 15 minutes before turning it off in disgust. It's just not the same. Their harmonies on Seven Bridges Road sounded dreadful and so different, like it was a completely different band (which, imo, it is). It wasn't right to me to have anyone else singing Glenn's songs - and it was Vince Gill starting New Kid in Town that made me turn it off. They didn't really interact like they used to, even Joe was missing his usual energy. It just seemed like a ploy for money. Glenn was the heart of this band, made even more apparent by seeing them attempt to go on without him. I may watch HOTE soon, however...

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I am one of those who think it's not the Eagles without Glenn, but my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the ESPN concert for about 15 minutes before turning it off in disgust. It's just not the same. Their harmonies on Seven Bridges Road sounded dreadful and so different, like it was a completely different band (which, imo, it is). It wasn't right to me to have anyone else singing Glenn's songs - and it was Vince Gill starting New Kid in Town that made me turn it off. They didn't really interact like they used to, even Joe was missing his usual energy. It just seemed like a ploy for money. Glenn was the heart of this band, made even more apparent by seeing them attempt to go on without him. I may watch HOTE soon, however...
    Sometimes you need to flush things out of your system. HOTE sounds like the perfect way to do that. Or maybe F1. HFO is good too, but a little heavy on the DH material and not enough other songs.

And yeah, I didn't watch but I can tell you I don't doubt anything you've said. It's so vapid and shallow and just reeks of greediness for the sake of greediness. It has this slickness to it that just feels so gross. The opposite of organic and wholesome. It feels processed and lacking nutrients. It's like cold, half-cooked Spaghetti-Os vs a nice Italian spaghetti dinner in a restaurant. I'm a lover of analogies, but I'll stop there. lol
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger