Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I moved Arlee's post to the appropriate thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Relative to my question posted earlier - I seriously believe this could go on indefinitely - with or without Henley and/or TBS and Joe.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Relative to my question posted earlier - I seriously believe this could go on indefinitely - with or without Henley and/or TBS and Joe.
    It will keep going as long as the people keep paying.

If they will pay to see a band called "Eagles" without Tim, without Joe, without Don... then the "Eagles" would continue without them.

The name "Eagles" is nothing but a brand now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

^ ^ ^ Yep, yep, and yep!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I also agree with all 3 of Soda's opinions.

I think it's particularly noteworthy to consider how the addition of Vince Gill has measurably influenced the brand. Much more so than Deacon Frey who while talented in his own right is by no means in the same league as Gill or any of the other members. Having said that I do think the experience Deacon is getting on this massive tour both stateside and overseas is invaluable and will serve him well regardless of whether he continues with the Eagles brand or explores other options in the industry.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I'll probably respond to this article in more detail tomorrow but let me say one thing clearly:

Don Henley infuriates me!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...enn-frey-band/

Just a heads up, it's not going to be taken well by those of us who don't like this new band. His comments are really irritating me right now. He's a great artist, writer, and singer, but as a person I find I like him less and less. I'm probably alone in that but he really just grinds my gears. And not just concerning 3.0 but a lot of his comments, statements, and attitudes over the years. I wouldn't want to meet the guy.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

That third act comment gets my back up like there's no tomorrow. I agree with your sentiments, WF.

When I heard that Glenn passed away at first I wasn't remembering who he was but then it registered in my brain who he was. After spending 2018 buying vinyl records of The Eagles and watching the HOTE documentary many times Glenn is the vital part of this band. While I have enjoyed hearing his son Deacon sing in concert videos posted to YouTube it just seems wrong to go on without him. As others have stated this touring will serve Deacon well no matter his endeavours I agree and do think in a way it must be healing in a way for them and while I respect Don Henley as a human being he tends to hit a nerve in me at times wth his comments not just in this article. I understand that maybe they feel it's okay to go on and they're able to do so even given their age & health issues with the additions of Vince Gill & Deacon then that's their decision whether we like it or not. Maybe this has helped Glenn's family as well. While I can see their point as a band it hurts to see this played out before my eyes. Glenn's was the first voice I heard in the car stereo in the early 90's singing about sleeping in the desert with a billion stars all around and how he had 7 women on his mind. Rather mature music for an 8-year old to hear lol but I took it all in as a kid and now I've collected these wonderful songs over a lifetime in 2018. My one regret is that I didn't see them in concert when they came near me. I remember seeing in the paper they were coming I can't remember if it was to Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio and this was before Glenn passed away. Those of you who have seen them live in concert before this new version of the band I'm sure you treasure those memories. I'm happy for you. I wish I had done so.

Wow - I was truly hoping we wouldn't be hearing anything about next year's tour until a few weeks into the new year, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything anymore.

It bears repeating that I, too, have lost respect for the band members. I guess I should take solace that they say there are no plans for another album, although I find it hard to believe much of anything they say since their credibility is shot, AFAIC.

The '3rd act' comment also turned my stomach, but, that wasn't even the worst part for me. Of course, Don has to remind us that they are not doing this for the money. It's all about keeping healthy and young, and most importantly, of course ...

“It’s not about us now, it’s about the songs and staying true to Glenn’s legacy,” says Henley.

Gag me, Don! If staying true to Glenn's legacy was the top priority, you would have stayed true to yourself and gone with your gut instinct to call it quits after his death. That's what honoring a legacy is about - preserving Glenn's contributions to the band would have been much better served by acknowledging that he is irreplaceable, not by coming up with an illegitimate 3rd act that is only a shadow of its former self.

BTW EF86 - I am sorry for you that you never had a chance to see the Eagles. Although it's definitely not the same as seeing them live, at least we still have CDs and DVDs. Thanks goodness for that!

And Austin - I just notice your signature and you are spot on, IMHO!