Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I think Joe is really starting to have problems with his fingers. If you've ever looked at his fingers they twitch uncontrollably He usually keeps his hands in a fist or holds one hand with the other. I've seen him lose his pick because his thumb jerks up and if you watch his left thumb it pops up and down even when he's not moving the rest of his hand. He's had this problem for years, since the early 90's at least. Back then he always kept his hands in his pockets. If he has on short sleeves you can see the muscle twitch all the way up his shoulders.
When he plays in his bands I've noticed his rhythm guitar person is playing more and more of the solo parts. He and Steuart are playing more and more together. I like the sound but I wonder if it's out of necessity as much as sound
Yeah I think you're exactly right.

Though I will say I did hear Steuart hit a bum note on that GF solo. And it's not a hard solo, but if you had to quickly throw something together I can see how it would happen. It's nothing pyrotechnical, but you do tend to skirt around the middle and high registers of the neck pretty quickly in a back and forth fashion. And I think Joe probably wanted to save his hands for stuff like the Hotel California solo or the Dirty Laundry solo if they are still playing that. I think they had to seriously quickly get together to learn the parts that Deacon played lead on. Be it Try And Love Again, Already Gone, Witchy Woman, etc. I haven't seen TALA or WW, but I was curious who was doing what on AG so I suffered through the video to find out LOL. Also they would have had to get someone to do the 12 string TIE intro guitar part as the other guys are on either 6 string acoustic or electric.