In the latest "Vince Gill ticks me off" volume #140, here he is discussing the "negative comments" by those of us against the Eagles continuation and those of us against him in the band.

He says around 19:45 in the video: "The other option is not possible", in reference to him singing those songs and that Glenn cannot any more. As if to infer that he is the only choice that Eagles fans have.

I'm sorry Vince but you chose to not mention or intentionally obscure the third option here. NO MORE EAGLES!!! Funny how you neglect to present that option. The morally and ethically right option, btw! And that's not to even mention that Vince is inferring that he is the only choice we have as a replacement too. Some see this humble jovial guy. I see a covert sneakiness that reeks of arrogance, albeit subtly. Even if that wasn't what he meant, he should have thought that through a little more and realize how it would come off. It wasn't exactly humble, IMO. Personally, the only "option" I was/am interested in is NO EAGLES. It also reeks of "hey, I don't want to do this but I'll take one for the team since I am "the one"."