Page 25 of 145 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I could not disagree with you more. In MHO, picking Deacon had nothing to do with being a 'heartfelt move". It was a monetary move to justify the Eagles continuing without Glenn. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Well I strongly disagree with that and I’m dissapointed some feel that way but I dont wish to start an argument over it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Just because my opinion about this is different from yours does not mean I was brainwashed, and I resent the implication that I was. I am more than capable of thinking things through myself, and my decision had nothing to do with anything Don or Irving might have said.
    I wasn't talking about Borderers who know the band well. I'm talking about the casual fans who like the Eagles but couldn't name all the members or what album came first or only know them because of their biggest hits. THOSE people are easy to brainwash. Not you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

YEF - I could not disagree with you more. In MHO, picking Deacon had nothing to do with being a 'heartfelt move". It was a monetary move to justify the Eagles continuing without Glenn. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Yep, it was a way to get more people onboard with it. Not heartfelt in the slightest.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Obviously. They've got the "majority" brainwashed, as it were. I think it has to do with bringing Deacon along. Then it was ok. Deacon was the icing on the already meticulously baked cake. But if not Deacon, Don would have tested the water with someone else and see if tickets sell. They wouldn't have stopped if Deacon told them no. The only thing that would have stopped them is no or little sales.
    "Brainwashed"? So those of us that aren't opposed to them continuing are idiots and can't think for ourselves?

I realize 3.0 is a place where those who are unhappy with the Eagles continuing can vent, but no need to get nasty.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Well I strongly disagree with that and I’m dissapointed some feel that way but I dont wish to start an argument over it.
    I do not want to argue either. We will have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    "Brainwashed"? So those of us that aren't opposed to them continuing are idiots and can't think for ourselves?

I realize 3.0 is a place where those who are unhappy with the Eagles continuing can vent, but no need to get nasty.
    I don't consider Borderers on either side of the fence the majority. Please read what I replied to on maryc's post. I'm talking about the people who can't even name all the members or only know a few songs but couldn't name 4 albums.

I consider Borderers to be hardcore fans, not casual fans who don't know any better.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

FP - I think Chaim was referring to my posts with NEF. We went back and forth regarding me being able to hear/pick out Glenn's vocal harmonies with no problem. She stated she could never hear/distinguish him in songs. I think I also may have also told her "I don't know what to tell you".
    Hope I didn't put you on the spot.
    No, it's just that literally in the post above where YEF referred to that phrase, I had used it in response to AT.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Just because my opinion about this is different from yours does not mean I was brainwashed, and I resent the implication that I was. I am more than capable of thinking things through myself, and my decision had nothing to do with anything Don or Irving might have said.
    Thanks Mary. You must have posted this at the same time I posted my reply. Just because you are upset with a decision doesn't give you the right to be condescending and snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I don't consider Borderers on either side of the fence the majority. Please read what I replied to on maryc's post. I'm talking about the people who can't even name all the members or only know a few songs but couldn't name 4 albums.

I consider Borderers to be hardcore fans, not casual fans who don't know any better.
    I think brainwash is the wrong word. I think they saw the news that the Eagles were touring again and said “Cool the Eagles are touring with Glenn Frey’s son and Vince Gill. Let’s go see them” I don’t think they either paid attention to what the band said or if they did, thought deeply about it. I don’t think what Irving and Don said effected what people’s opinion. So i don’t think brainwash is accurate. Though you are right most don’t know much about the band and are comparable to sheep in our context

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I think brainwash is the wrong word. I think they saw the news that the Eagles were touring again and said “Cool the Eagles are touring with Glenn Frey’s son and Vince Gill. Let’s go see them” I don’t think they either paid attention to what the band said or if they did, thought deeply about it. I don’t think what Irving and Don said effected what people’s opinion. So i don’t think brainwash is accurate. Though you are right most don’t know much about the band and are comparable to sheep in our context
    Perhaps the wrong word. More like uninformed.

But my guess there are even people who don't even know Glenn is gone. Probably a very small few, but I'm sure they exist. They wouldn't know anything about the band besides "Oooh, Hotel California!".

Sheep is right. And no, I'm not putting anyone on this board in that group, if it wasn't already clear.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger