Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    "Eleven songs into the Eagles concert at a full Smoothie King Center on Wednesday night, the late Glenn Frey materialized on the stage’s LED-screen backdrop. His 25-year-old son, Deacon, had just finished filling in his lead vocals on “Peaceful Easy Feeling.” In the photo, Glenn smiled warmly, as if signaling both approval and pride."

And there you have it.

Nobody actually saw that photo (I assume it's the one in the blue shirt with the acoustic guitar) until after Glenn died. Now it's being used to justify this, instead of remembering Glenn himself.

Pathetic.

And they've also brought back The Long Run (a song I dislike, but that's my problem) in the encore, no less. Presumably it's all about how they've 'survived' and 'ain't breaking' etc. Well, isn't that nice. Though I dsliked it, there was always a special moment between Don & Glenn during it. Now it's about self-justification. I had actually been wondering how long it would take before they brought it back.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-25-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Nobody actually saw that photo (I assume it's the one in the blue shirt with the acoustic guitar) until after Glenn died. Now it's being used to justify this, instead of remembering Glenn himself.

Pathetic.

And they've also brought back The Long Run (a song I dislike, but that's my problem) in the encore, no less. Presumably it's all about how they've 'survived' and 'ain't breaking' etc. Well, isn't that nice. Though I dsliked it, there was always a special moment between Don & Glenn during it. Now it's about self-justification. I had actually been wondering how long it would take before they brought it back.
    Yes, I believe that is the photo.

I never thought about TLR being added to the 2018 tour and agree with you about the song and Glenn and Don.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    IMO their intentions behind showing a picture of Glenn after Deacon has sung PEF can still be pure (as easily as they may not be), but it would be naive to think that Glenn would approve just because they show his smiling face.

True. However, little seems "pure" about what they are doing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

A friend of mine who was at the show in Dallas said Don changed the line to "All the debutants in Dallas........" instead of "Houston".

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    A friend of mine who was at the show in Dallas said Don changed the line to "All the debutants in Dallas........" instead of "Houston".
    Yeah, there's a video in another thread.

Border Desperado

I didn't know that, Chaim. I don't watch videos of anyone posted on youtube or twitter or instagram, etc. I personally don't care for the sound quality.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I didn't know that, Chaim. I don't watch videos of anyone posted on youtube or twitter or instagram, etc. I personally don't care for the sound quality.
    I didn't mean to educate you. Just thought you (or anyone who reads this thread) might like to check it out.
    Last edited by chaim; 06-26-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And in their latest show they apparently did Deep In The Heart Of Texas. That is not even a rock song (wouldn't La Grange or even China Grove be more appropriate for Texas - someone had suggested Talking To The Moon. What's that *Sarcasm alert)? Is this their new schtick, to do novelty songs vaguely associated with each city or state? They are getting more cartoonish by the day. Perhaps those of us who are against this should study their tour dates & try & guess which song they'll choose for each city. It might be a bit of fun in a strange, sad way.
    I agree, they never did that sort of thing before. Makes me wonder what they'll do when they come to New York (if they are coming there), Sinatra's New York New York? Billy Joel's New York State of Mind?

I've decided that the only way to stay sane about this is to stop reading the reviews or anything about their recent shows. For me, the Eagles ended in 2016.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I agree, they never did that sort of thing before. Makes me wonder what they'll do when they come to New York (if they are coming there), Sinatra's New York New York? Billy Joel's New York State of Mind?

I've decided that the only way to stay sane about this is to stop reading the reviews or anything about their recent shows. For me, the Eagles ended in 2016.
    They'll probably do "New York Minute" when they play here.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Same.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten