Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Same here.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I didn't take your comment personally and I wasn't offended, chaim. From reading your other posts, I know you try very hard not to offend others when making your point. Besides, I don't feel that I'm ever too old to learn new things👍☺

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    They'll probably do "New York Minute" when they play here.
    *facepalm* Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I've decided that the only way to stay sane about this is to stop reading the reviews or anything about their recent shows.
    I have also come to that conclusion after reading a review for one of the recent concerts that stated, quite simply, that those of us who don't consider the Eagles a band without Glenn Frey to just, "Get over it!" And he thought he was quite clever in that regard.

I'm thinking the next step is: Las Vegas residency. But that might make them easier to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I'm thinking the next step is: Las Vegas residency. But that might make them easier to ignore.
    How much more of Deacon's life is going to be spent "paying tribute to his father" if that happens?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    How much more of Deacon's life is going to be spent "paying tribute to his father" if that happens?

He isn't paying tribute though. From what I've seen the alleged 'tribute' occurs for a couple of seconds after Peaceful Easy Feeling. That's it. And I would think if they went to Vegas they'd drop any pretence of paying tribute.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-26-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    He isn't paying tribute though. From what I've seen the alleged 'tribute' occurs for a couple of seconds after Peaceful Easy Feeling. That's it. And I would think if they went to Vegas they'd drop any pretence of paying tribute.
    Hence the quotation marks around the phrase.

But it was presented to him that way, and presented to the public that way.

Even so, it is hardly something one would want to do for years... except the money would be very good. Hard to turn down. Perhaps they'll be able to buy his twenties from him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Hence the quotation marks around the phrase.

But it was presented to him that way, and presented to the public that way.

Even so, it is hardly something one would want to do for years... except the money would be very good. Hard to turn down. Perhaps they'll be able to buy his twenties from him.

Yes, I get the irony of your statement now Soda.

Deacon Frey is far too young to have been shoehorned into this exercise. He should have tried to make his own way in the music industry with his own talent & his own music.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Deacon Frey is far too young to have been shoehorned into this exercise. He should have tried to make his own way in the music industry with his own talent & his own music.
    Exactly - my point all along.

For one, he should have worked for it instead of being in a position most others will never be. He should have done it the hard way by as you said, creating his own music and letting the world decide if it's good or not. Instead, because of who he knew, he got in without paying his dues, which bothers me. He shouldn't be riding his dad's coattails. Glenn worked hard for it and Deacon should too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Well I certainly could understand the "healing" aspect in the beginning. A few shows I get, but how many tours and millions (dollars) does it take to heal? I don't mean this in a mean way since the death of one's father is a terrible thing. I just find it hard to believe that it's still about the healing process for Deacon.
    Last edited by chaim; 06-27-2018 at 11:21 AM.