Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    You think that's the only think he kissed?
    Oh I'm sure there was some hind kissing as well. Though from the sounds of it, Don wanted him in the band and made the first move. Who knows. But he's definitely going to kiss it now that he's got in so that it doesn't slip away!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I thought it started when Vince's management sent the Eagles a message that he was interested. Of course that didn't start it on a practical level, but would Don have thought of asking Vince if he hadn't done that?

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I thought it started when Vince's management sent the Eagles a message that he was interested. Of course that didn't start it on a practical level, but would Don have thought of asking Vince if he hadn't done that?
    Interesting. I have no problem believing that to be true. I thought I heard something like Don was impressed with Vince singing Heartache Tonight at the KCH and wanted him to join. But I can totally believe that he would put his own name in the hat. He's not near as humble as some make him out to be.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Interesting. I have no problem believing that to be true. I thought I heard something like Don was impressed with Vince singing Heartache Tonight at the KCH and wanted him to join. But I can totally believe that he would put his own name in the hat. He's not near as humble as some make him out to be.
    I don't remember which interview it was, but he said that he sent a message through his management, offering his services (not his exact words). I think he also said that he didn't do it seriously and wasn't expecting anything. Someone please correct me if my recollection is incorrect.

As for humbleness, I don't know Vince Gill, but IMO it's not difficult to act humble in front of strangers.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-07-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know! 5 years ago, could you ever imagine a scenario where over-the-hill country singer Vince Gill would be a member of the "Eagles", where they would be dropping real Eagles songs so they could play his solo numbers... it's so cringe-worthy. Glenn would probably be appalled.

But this is "Don Henley's 'Eagles'" now, and he calls the shots.

In Don Henley's Eagles, Vince Gill gets treated with more respect than Timothy, whose solo career has been completely ignored.

In Don Henley's Eagles, real Eagles songs are shoved aside to give Don's buddy the opportunity to promote his solo career and maybe sell a few more records as a result of his "good fortune" to become an "Eagle."

In Don Henley's Eagles, Vince Gill is considered an acceptable substitute for Glenn Frey. And in the end, that is the real sticking point. However, it must be nice for Don to have "replacements" he can completely control.

Because in Don Henley's Eagles, obviously, he is the boss.

#NoGlennNoEagles
    OMG! I haven't read any reviews and did not know this is happening! It makes me sick! And I've always liked Vince Gill! But this should not be happening!..............................Poor Timothy too!

It makes me really sad they have done this to the band I once loved.....I don't even know what else to say.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I like them doing a song for each city too. I would have liked it prior to Glenn's death as well. I think it is a clever idea whoever thought of it. I'm hoping that at the Sacremento show Timothy will get to sing his song "White Boy From Sacremento" but I doubt that will happen. So much has changed.............The absence of Glenn's leadership is definitely noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh I'm sure there was some hind kissing as well. Though from the sounds of it, Don wanted him in the band and made the first move. Who knows. But he's definitely going to kiss it now that he's got in so that it doesn't slip away!
    What really surprised me about the commercial for the Vince Gill concert is that I was wondering: Hasn't this guy built up a fan base of his own? So, is he totally dumping that fan base to be an "Eagle"? What does his fan base think?

Guess I really don't care. I was more shocked with the total alignment of his "new career" with that commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    That is probable. But what I really wonder is about how Cindy feels about all this touring?
    https://wtop.com/music/2018/05/glenn...-tour-box-set/

I am not at all surprised at the family endorsement.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Yeah, she's down with it. I'm not surprised either. Lots of moms want their kid to have the easiest road possible when it comes to their career path.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten