Page 125 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Border Desperado

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I have not gone to see Don, Joe, Timothy and the band. I guess I must be very rigid as well because I also have never been to see a "tribute" band. I have a whole other set of issues with them. Everyone has their opinions and choices. It make life more interesting.😎

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ITA, Soda. Honestly, while I respect other's decisions, I have absolutely zero desire to see this band. I fundamentally believe that they are wrong to continue as the Eagles without Glenn and have never even been tempted in the least to even look for tickets. I miss going to shows and seeing the friends I've made over the years, but not enough to support what I consider to be a fraud. I guess some would say I have a very rigid belief system. They are probably right. lol But, I have to stand by my principles, so I'll just look for other opportunities to connect with my friends and go see a good tribute band to fill the void.
    It's like clothes made in sweatshops. If you truly believe what they're doing is wrong and don't want it to continue, you don't buy the product.

But that's just it. The people going don't think it's wrong. They are sad he's gone of course, and most would prefer he be there, but ultimately they don't have a problem with the Eagles continuing without Glenn. If they did, they wouldn't choose to go.

As WKMB says, they have a different opinion on the matter. They have a right to that.

But as for me, like Dreamer, I have zero desire to validate this band's decision to continue without Glenn by buying a ticket to a show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

For me, it was always simple. Without Glenn Frey the band could not, would not and did not tour.

They are are only doing so now because they can.

Meaning ... well people may differ on that. I only know where I stand.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Yes, and these men can do what they want. Henley is being richly rewarded for his change of heart.

I would just shrug it off and say "whatever" if it weren't for the fact that they're diluting what it means to be an "Eagle" with these new members, changing not only the band's sound but also its artistic vision, and diminishing Glenn as nothing more than an expendable, replaceable ex-member in the process.

I say something because as a fan, I care about that.

It's not about whether or not going to concerts is fun, or whether or not they enlist "blood," or whether or not other people think it's ok.

It's about the fact that I, as a fan, hate to see the band I loved degraded, Glenn's vision devalued, in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

I know I've said this before, but the announcement of the European tour just reopens the wounds and brings all the emotions up again, and so here I am. I cannot wait for this tour to be over.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

This doesn't surprise me in the least. As far as I'm concerned the band has been ruined already, so it's getting to the point where I sort of don't care what they do or don't do these days. This new tour will not cheapen the Eagles name. It has been cheapened already.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    This doesn't surprise me in the least. As far as I'm concerned the band has been ruined already, so it's getting to the point where I sort of don't care what they do or don't do these days. This new tour will not cheapen the Eagles name. It has been cheapened already.
    I feel the same. I've kind of stopped caring too. Not that I don't care that they're performing without Glenn, it's still wrong, but to me, they stopped being the Eagles as soon as they decided to continue without Glenn, so I don't care what this band does. This is not the Eagles. I haven't even read a review of them in months, I just don't want to know anymore.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes, and these men can do what they want. Henley is being richly rewarded for his change of heart.

I would just shrug it off and say "whatever" if it weren't for the fact that they're diluting what it means to be an "Eagle" with these new members, changing not only the band's sound but also its artistic vision, and diminishing Glenn as nothing more than an expendable, replaceable ex-member in the process.

I say something because as a fan, I care about that.

It's not about whether or not going to concerts is fun, or whether or not they enlist "blood," or whether or not other people think it's ok.

It's about the fact that I, as a fan, hate to see the band I loved degraded, Glenn's vision devalued, in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

I know I've said this before, but the announcement of the European tour just reopens the wounds and brings all the emotions up again, and so here I am. I cannot wait for this tour to be over.
    Soda and I don't always agree about a lot of things, but on this matter, we are definitely on the same page.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

I don't know if it has been posted anywhere here---the 3 Forum shows were recorded and they all wore the same clothes all 3 nights for the convenience of being able to combine the videos. I guess Don announced they were filming and that their manager would have some ideas about what to do with it. When I read that, it really brought up some negative feelings.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My opinion hasn't changed either. #NoGlennNoEagles

I've had several people ask me if I'm going this past year and I've told them it's not the Eagles anymore without their founder. I have no desire to see this group.

STILL can't believe they are doing it. Money talks for sure with them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yeah. I really thought that the end of the year would be the end of it. Silly me.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."