Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Amen, amen, amen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well if we go by Don's own words, he gave an interview with the Washington Post in Nov.2016 - right before the KCH. At that time he stated he and Glenn had been "estranged" for many years. I do not think they were friends. Jackson stated the same in the interview. But, I do feel Glenn's death did affect him(and Joe & Tim) deeply. Just not enough to pack it in. JMHO.
    I think he was very upset by Glenn's death. Even if they were estranged, they had shared quite a bit of history, and were very close at one time. I realize I can't know what he felt, but still, considering all of that... surely he would have felt the loss intensely.

However, yes, he obviously wasn't upset enough to hang it up, or to resist all that money. That would have required him to be truly devastated.

But I never expected him to end the Eagles based solely on an emotional connection to Glenn; I also thought there would be loyalty and artistic integrity involved as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think he was very upset by Glenn's death. Even if they were estranged, they had shared quite a bit of history, and were very close at one time. I realize I can't know what he felt, but still, considering all of that... surely he would have felt the loss intensely.
    However, yes, he obviously wasn't upset enough to hang it up, or to resist all that money. That would have required him to be truly devastated.
    Originally Posted by New Kid In Town
    Part of what I said - But, I do feel Glenn's death did affect him(and Joe & Tim) deeply. Just not enough to pack it in. JMHO.

I also think he/they were very upset/devastated by Glenn's death and I said that. I did not mean to imply it did not affect them. I hope it did not sound like that.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Originally Posted by New Kid In Town
    Part of what I said - But, I do feel Glenn's death did affect him(and Joe & Tim) deeply. Just not enough to pack it in. JMHO.

I also think he/they were very upset/devastated by Glenn's death and I said that. I did not mean to imply it did not affect them. I hope it did not sound like that.
    I agree with you.

I guess a lot of my post does seem rather redundant.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

While I think they were probably upset by his death, to me, they didn't seem too upset. I think I can believe Joe's sorrow more than Don's at this point. I think Joe and Glenn were close. I just can't believe that Don was that deeply affected by it by his behavior and comments after his death. I agree with NKIT, they weren't really all that close at the end. It was a business relationship, not a friendship or brotherly thing. I think while Don was upset, he wasn't so upset as to turn down the money and didn't feel he was essential (which he IS). That bothers me, but we all know that by now. It's just very disappointing to me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Additionally:

The board changed when Glenn died because everything changed when Glenn died; the Eagles ended.

I can't just go back to "business as usual." Move Glenn to "former Eagles." Replace the banner including Glenn with one including Vince Gill and Deacon. Gush about all the wonderful new "Eagles" shows in the review threads and eventually, let all the reviews including Glenn fall further away.... page 2, page 3... Put on a happy face.

Other people can feel free to celebrate this "Eagles" but I won't be joining in. I'm tired of being told I have to.

It is the way it is.
    Think of it this way, if you could add 2 guys to play with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr could you call that band the Beatles ?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MacRL View Post
    Think of it this way, if you could add 2 guys to play with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr could you call that band the Beatles ?
    NOT EVEN!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I present you - the Eagles!

Border Rebel

That is just too funny!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats brilliant!! I love it
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP