Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I still love the countryish side of the Eagles, but I think it's more interesting when it's their interpretation of the genre, not 100% pure or "honest" country. Part of the appeal of Lyin' Eyes for me is that it wasn't sung by a "honest" country singer. It was Glenn Frey with his unique voice doing a countryish song.

Glenn's slide playing at the end of Midnight Flyer probably wasn't totally "honest" in that genre, but that's what makes it different.
    Well said. I think the Eagles evolved over time and adding Don Felder and Joe Walsh was a genius move. I hate that Randy and Bernie left the band they were so very talented and an absolute blast to see in concert.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Touring is also a lifestyle in and of itself and I have to wonder how much thought has been given to what happens when it all ends because eventually it will.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Touring is also a lifestyle in and of itself and I have to wonder how much thought has been given to what happens when it all ends because eventually it will.
    Have there ever been long gaps in their touring? I've never followed their solo careers except for Glenn.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Having 'clever' ideas has never extended to letting Timothy Schmit sing a song of his own.
    White Boy From Sacramento would take Timothy out of that ballad box the band has him trapped in and we can't have that.

Vince said in an interview (can't remember which) that he thought Timothy should sing more. Since he seems to have Henley's ear more than the two actual Eagles, maybe he should suggest that to him if he really believes that. [/sarcasm]

I was a huge fan of Vince's for years. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitarist. Not so much anymore with the fandom though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Have there ever been long gaps in their touring? I've never followed their solo careers except for Glenn.
    I am thinking more about Deacon and Taylor. While I can appreciate the idea that being on tour is "healing" it is a style of living that takes some adjusting to when it's over. They are young making a very good living from an experience few people their age can relate to. Wives also face the dilemna of tours ending.

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    White Boy From Sacramento would take Timothy out of that ballad box the band has him trapped in and we can't have that.

Vince said in an interview (can't remember which) that he thought Timothy should sing more. Since he seems to have Henley's ear more than the two actual Eagles, maybe he should suggest that to him if he really believes that. [/sarcasm]

I was a huge fan of Vince's for years. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitarist. Not so much anymore with the fandom though.
    I agree with you. Would love to see Timothy sing more and WBFS is a such a great song what a treat that would be.

Stuck on the Border

I didn't know WBFS. Just listened to it. A cool song.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Ok, this thread is about the legitimacy of the Eagles without Glenn, not his widow's personal life. Plus... that's really, really harsh. Shockingly so. Wow. Let's not go anywhere near there. It's just not appropriate to get personal like that.
    Freedom of Speech.

I calls them as I see them just like other posters in this thread commenting on uppety Vince Gill even daring to think that he is a true Eagle-Don Henley's Eagles maybe but not the real Eagles.

I was responding to how shocking her behavior and attire appeared to me and that's that. I guess I come from a different time and place. You can agree or disagree. Delete the post if it is a violation of posting rules and you'll get no argument from me. Just my two cents, I have no intention of dissing the miss.

I was responding to another poster's observstion on how some wives have a hard time adjusting or "healing" once they are not on the road, and in the limelight, or on the arm of a powerful star, any more. Most rock stars wives to her credit, live vicariously through their husbands to begin with, that's nothing new. And, once the husband is gone, they have no "career" to return to for self fulfillment and oftentimes live in the past, "Glory Days," because what's the alternative.

I think Felder was right, don't say anything negative or you'll get "fired." Or, to quote Stevie to LB when he corrected her grammar, "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan."

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 07-07-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Delete the post if it is a violation of posting rules and you'll get no argument from me. Just my two cents, I have no intention of dissing the miss.

I am going to go ahead and delete it. Thanks for understanding.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Two things I take from that interview.

1) Maybe it wasn't him pushing to do solo songs. Still, it's a bad idea.

2) Man, does he come across as a raging airhead or what?!

"A more honest place". That just makes me sick. Really Vince? Glenn wanted the Eagles to MOVE ON from soft country music, he never would have wanted to go back to a "more honest" place of country music. He was a rocker from day one, not a country musician. Sure, they started out doing soft country/country rock but I think the guys did that to start because that's who they were hanging around. They wanted to be the Stones, not the Byrds anymore. He and the guys were sick of that by the time of, oh say, One Of These Nights. Hence why Joe joined and Bernie left right after that album was made. Vince is so stuck on his traditional country music that he thinks for the Eagles to be great they need to do classic country music again. I HATE country music, classic/traditional country that is. That soft country crooner stuff is nauseating to me. If the Eagles had continued on with the Desperado-era outlaw country stylings, I never would have been a fan of this band. Thank god for Hotel California and The Long Run! I like On The Border and One Of These Nights too, for the more rockier or RNB stuff with Felder instead of Bernie.
    Agreed.

I must say however, how sad it is that Henley, Walsh & Schmit are so apparently willing to accomodate the wishes of this guy.