Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Freedom of Speech.

I calls them as I see them just like other posters in this thread commenting on uppety Vince Gill even daring to think that he is a true Eagle-Don Henley's Eagles maybe but not the real Eagles.

I was responding to how shocking her behavior and attire appeared to me and that's that. I guess I come from a different time and place. You can agree or disagree. Delete the post if it is a violation of posting rules and you'll get no argument from me. Just my two cents, I have no intention of dissing the miss.

I was responding to another poster's observstion on how some wives have a hard time adjusting or "healing" once they are not on the road, and in the limelight, or on the arm of a powerful star, any more. Most rock stars wives to her credit, live vicariously through their husbands to begin with, that's nothing new. And, once the husband is gone, they have no "career" to return to for self fulfillment and oftentimes live in the past, "Glory Days," because what's the alternative.

I think Felder was right, don't say anything negative or you'll get "fired." Or, to quote Stevie to LB when he corrected her grammar, "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan."

Stay Tuned!

CarolC
I think this would make a good thread topic. Life in the slow lane. The new normal of aging rock musicians still performing on the mega tour circuit can lead to catastrophic consequences. Case in point. Tom Petty. He felt he owed his fans all he had to give and I wish he hadn't pushed himself so hard. It has been reported those last three concerts at the Hollywood Bowl were not easy for him he was in considerable pain. At some point it has to end. And when it does and the income stream dries up and there is no more adrenaline rush from adoring fans, then what?