Page 120 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I agree too ! He likes Hip-Hop and that kind of music from what he has posted prior to all this.
    Deacon studied Music Production and Engineering at a school in LA. I remember reading it on his FB page. I don't know if he graduated. Just MHO but, I think Deacon dressed the way he wanted to at those Classic Concerts. I do believe it was healing for him and maybe made him feel closer to Glenn. Don't forget, he had only just turned 23 the month after the announcement came they would do the Classic Concerts. It appears Deacon is not dressing like that anymore from pictures I have seen posted on FB. If Deacon and Cindy said "No", they would not be touring now. Don and Irving must be giving thanks everyday that Deacon is a talented kid. This whole thing was done by Don and Irving to tug at people's emotions and legitimize their getting back together.
    Once again there's the Cindy wants him to do it so that's OK & no further criticism can be made, as Soda said above. For how much longer can the 'healing' excuse be used, especially as it now appears that Gill's role is increasing & Deacon's may be decreasing (he hasn't sung on either of the cover songs they did recently, while GIll gets to do one of his own songs). Saying 'but he wants to do it' is just a polite way of calling for an end to any discussion on the subject. Also regardless of what type of clothes he wears, it's obvious that he's meant to be a clone of his father.

Why would I follow Deacon Frey's Facebook page? Until this tour he was just the son of someone I cared about & his life was no business of mine; and frankly it still isn't.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Once again there's the Cindy wants him to do it so that's OK & no further criticism can be made, as Soda said above. For how much longer can the 'healing' excuse be used, especially as it now appears that Gill's role is increasing & Deacon's may be decreasing (he hasn't sung on either of the cover songs they did recently, while GIll gets to do one of his own songs). Saying 'but he wants to do it' is just a polite way of calling for an end to any discussion on the subject. Also regardless of what type of clothes he wears, it's obvious that he's meant to be a clone of his father.

Why would I follow Deacon Frey's Facebook page? Until this tour he was just the son of someone I cared about & his life was no business of mine; and frankly it still isn't.
    FP - Please, don't put words in my mouth. I never said I think it is ok or I agree with this whole thing. I was just stating perhaps why Deacon made the decision he did. I have never said no criticism can be made regarding their decision. Obviously, it is what Cindy and Deacon want. Did Glenn want it - well, we will never know.
    Also, I had just randomly checked Deacon's FB page 2 1/2 years ago. I am on FB but rarely post anything. I am not going to criticize someone on how long their grieving process takes. I do believe they may find this whole thing comforting so to speak, but I also believe they like the money and everything else that goes along with it. Obviously, Cindy and Deacon felt the offer was too good to say "No".

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FP - Please, don't put words in my mouth. I never said I think it is ok or I agree with this whole thing. I was just stating perhaps why Deacon made the decision he did. I have never said no criticism can be made regarding their decision. Obviously, it is what Cindy and Deacon want. Did Glenn want it - well, we will never know.
    Also, I had just randomly checked Deacon's FB page 2 1/2 years ago. I am on FB but rarely post anything. I am not going to criticize someone on how long their grieving process takes. I do believe they may find this whole thing comforting so to speak, but I also believe they like the money and everything else that goes along with it. Obviously, Cindy and Deacon felt the offer was too good to say "No".

No, I'm not saying you did agree with it, but those are some of the arguments which are constantly used in favour of all this.

Deacon Frey (Deacon Blues) Eagles since ‘17 // Producer // Freddie Gibbs - “Andrea” // Isaiah Rashad - “Bday”. From Instagram Profile

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/45...atalyst-Uzuri/

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

See, that's what I thought. This is not his music of choice. And that should be ok and he should pursue that. Or any other passion of his. Doesn't have to be music.

I'm with Dawn though, I don't agree with the fact he's being presented/made out to be his dad's replacement. I don't think it's healthy for one, and there was only one Glenn Frey. It just doesn't strike me as being ok or that it is "normal".

Not saying Deacon isn't talented. I always liked the videos of him and his dad playing and I think he IS talented. But he's not his dad and they need to quit trying to portray him as Glenn Jr and making us think it's all ok because of it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Cool Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

WORD UP

I know that this is merely a message board, and that one should not get worked up or angry at the postings of another. However.

I've had about all I can take of a certain individual who insists on writing nasty, hostile rants here. A certain individual who uses the name "Freypower."

I don't really care much if anybody reads these little things I post here or not - I write regularly for a couple of music industry publications, along with several general subscription magazines. I also work as a road manager for several touring bands, and, in general, I don't worry about what people think of me. That's just… well, that's show business.

But I will not accept the screechings of someone who has no idea of what he(or she) is talking about, is rude, and is, on top of that, a sanctimonious fool.

This person has been creating turmoil on this board since I joined, and, from the personal messages I've received, long before that. Enough of this.

For the record, I KNEW Glenn and Randy and Leadon before there was a band called Eagles. And sometimes, I read things on here that make me cringe. But I would not insult or denigrate anyone for their opinions.

So - and perhaps this will be my parting message on this board, which I've greatly enjoyed - Freypower, shut the hell up until you can behave like a reasonable and decent contributor. All in all, you're full of Vegemite.

I don't know what your problem is. Unless I missed something, she's been nothing but polite to you.

Personal attacks are against our Terms of Service.

If you wish to continue to spin tales here, you'll stop making them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh, I love that video!

To me, besides his personal talent and dynamism, what's irreplaceable is his fundamental contribution to the Eagles sound and direction. Remove that and you have a different band. You have a band whose sound and direction is controlled entirely by someone else, will be shaped into something else - and thus it should be called something else.

Why steal the brand that he and Glenn created together and put it on a different band, complete with new members? Oh, that's right, to sell tickets.

You'd get just as much healing from touring under another name, still make the songs "live" (gag) by touring under another name, still honor Glenn's memory by touring under another name (truly honor it)... but you wouldn't make as much money.

So we see what's really important... and it has nothing to do with sentiment.
    Well said Soda.

And there it is, the fundamental, burning question.

"Why steal the brand that he and Glenn created together and put it on a different band, complete with new members?

Because they can.

Nothing to do with "sentiment" indeed.
    Last edited by Dawn; 07-11-2018 at 01:23 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

Cool Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

One problem, Ms. Scout, is that you seem to be unaware of the way some people on this little social society of yours also feel about Freypower. But I leave that for someone else to deal with; I have a few better things to occupy my time - like the real world of music - than to engage in this kind of bullshit.

Oh, by the way: Glenn Frey would've thought of you as a pedantic asshole.

Cheers

Cheers, Darling.

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Oh, by the way: Glenn Frey would've thought of you as a pedantic asshole.
    Looks like someone doesn't know Glenn Frey as well as he thinks he does.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten