Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I always loved those intros by Glenn. I still can't believe they are doing a salute to the HC with only two guys who were on the album. Don's experiment has now been going since Classic West. I never dreamed it would last this long.
    Me neither.

TBH, I'm kind of disappointed that people are still supporting this sort of thing after all this time and a lot of them are repeat goers. And there are some who post reviews on other sites where they have the gall to claim that the show was better without Glenn when compared to the show they saw with him! That, I will make no apologies for saying is terrible and they should be ashamed of themselves and I don't care how they may see it nor will I apologize. Go if you must, but never to put Glenn down, even unintentionally. That's unacceptable behavior and is just in such poor taste, even in 2020. It doesn't matter. IMO, Glenn was the Eagles, to a large degree. Vince Gill and Deacon Frey don't come close to even filling one man's shoes. But in their defense, Glenn's shoes are unfillable. There will never be a better singer, frontman, and leader than Glenn Frey in the Eagles. Even Don, while they would usually approach it from a team, would play second fiddle to Glenn if that's what Glenn wanted. His gentle yet firm command of his band was admirable.

They'll keep going as long as their IMO bad behavior, is being rewarded by $. Even if they come out in wheelchairs with oxygen bottles, they'll still do it to just keep scraping that barrel for some more cash and Don gets to run the band how he sees fit without having to compromise with Glenn. He can let his already large ego take over. And Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, Vince Gill, Deacon Frey, etc all get to be "yes men".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Seeing that clip of Glenn doing those band intros weirdly enough made me happy and sad at the same time. It literally gave me shivers - remembering what it used to be like - and made me sad - because of what the "band" is now.

The fake Eagles are going to be releasing a concert DVD in October but you can watch it on ESPN Sunday. I’m more likely to watch paint dry. Ugh!

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...ht-july-5/amp/
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The fake Eagles are going to be releasing a concert DVD in October but you can watch it on ESPN Sunday. I’m more likely to watch paint dry. Ugh!

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...ht-july-5/amp/

I am not surprised at all about this, but I would've guessed it would make more sense for them to use the recent shows featuring the whole HOTEL CALIFORNIA album than something that is now two years old now. I won't buy it out of principal, but if I could see it for free, I might give it a watch.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This just makes me wanna puke!

Of course, everyone is free to do as they wish, but you couldn't pay me to watch this. Not even remotely interested!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This just makes me wanna puke!

Of course, everyone is free to do as they wish, but you couldn't pay me to watch this. Not even remotely interested!
    It's just disgusting.

Hey Don and Co - how about some HOTE or LROOE material like we've been asking for, for YEARS now. You now, the ones that feature Glenn Lewis Frey - your leader and the one who cannot be forgotten. The one that there can't be an Eagles without.

It's worth repeating for the 1001th time - No Glenn, No Eagles!

The things (some) people will do for money...shameful.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I am not surprised at all about this, but I would've guessed it would make more sense for them to use the recent shows featuring the whole HOTEL CALIFORNIA album than something that is now two years old now. I won't buy it out of principal, but if I could see it for free, I might give it a watch.
    I think I'd rather just turn off the electricity then have the chance that this garbage could show up on my TV.

I guess I won't be watching ESPN anytime soon, for fear of reruns.

Color me not surprised, either. Still upsetting.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

he could’ve even released a concert from 1976 or 1989 they played 3 nights at the forum in 76 and 3 at santa monica in 80 , or even from HFO they played multiple nights at irvine meadows... cmon henley

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    he could’ve even released a concert from 1976 or 1989 they played 3 nights at the forum in 76 and 3 at santa monica in 80 , or even from HFO they played multiple nights at irvine meadows... cmon henley
    Exactly. And yes it's not just HOTE or LROOE footage. The 70s stuff too! I'd love to see stuff from the Long Run period. And also from HFO. He'd rather just sweep that under the rug it seems in favor of the 3.0 "band".

The fact they put a VINCE GILL SOLO SONG on this "Eagles video" really chaps my @$$! I just noticed that little tidbit.

Wow. Just wow. Not surprising, but still so wrong. At least he's consistent. But I'll be honest, to see him doubling down just makes me have more and more distaste for the man.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

well he is the only member left in the EAGLES LTD so whatever he says goes i thought henley would release at least the rest of capital centre at least ... or from LROOE like you said, i would love to see footage from that concert