Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I was mistaken, if Timothy's bicycle comment was referring to the HFO era. I wasn't taking it out of context intentionally. But I didn't "form a negative view of Timothy" based on that. I said "AGAIN I was most disappointed by Timothy". I found some of his earlier comments a bit cold.

Out on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Your post to me was fine Steph for this thread. But I think it fits in both topics equally well. And you get the jist of our message and aren't for the "Eagles" continuance.

I'm mostly referring to the two comments by MarthaJo and by Arlee regarding the comments the anti-3.0 posters have made that pro-3.0 people have responded to in this thread, probably without realizing this is the anti-3.0 thread for those against them continuing on and not the debate thread for both sides. I feel they are a better fit for the other "looks like the band" thread. Just my personal take on the matter.

No. There is nothing in my post about being pro or anti anything. It is addressing something specific in this thread that's been mentioned a few times that happens to be wrong.

Some folks thought Schmit was referring to the current line up. He was not. Period.

To take that corrective post away would amount to intentionally covering up a fact in order to continue the false belief that Schmit said something offensive, which he did not.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I was mistaken, if Timothy's bicycle comment was referring to the HFO era. I wasn't taking it out of context intentionally. But I didn't "form a negative view of Timothy" based on that. I said "AGAIN I was most disappointed by Timothy". I found some of his earlier comments a bit cold.
    I did not specify who said what here. I don't know who said what. I just know that more than a couple people took the quote in reference to the current line up.

I did not indicate in any way that Schmit's quote was taken out of context on purpose.

So no need for you to explain yourself. Especially about specifying "negative view" vs. "disappointed by." (Besides, disappointment IS a negative.)

My only point is that Schmit's comment was not about the current line up.

Stuck on the Border

MY point was that I was genuinely mistaken and I stand corrected. I browsed through the artcile too quickly.

I also said that I didn't form a negative view of Timothy based on that one quote. If I have a negative view of him, I had it already.

I was the one who brought up that quote, so I chose to comment, because I was misleading people.

Stuck on the Border

AND it was right from Arlee to correct me/us.

Stuck on the Border

Gotta add, referring to Arlee's reply to me, that being disappointed in someone's words or actions IMHO doesn't mean that one has a negative view of him/her. You can be disappointed in someone you actually respect.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Some of you have taken a negative view of Schmit over a quote that you took out of context by missing the fact that he was referring to the HFO era.

"But radio stations played the band’s songs, keeping the music alive, and in 1994 the Eagles reunited for a Hell Freezes Over tour and album.

How difficult was it for them to get back together? “Song-wise and playing, it was like riding a bike,” offers Schmit.

“Learning how to deal with one another again, that required a bit of work,” says Henley diplomatically. “But even though there is conflict and tension in a group relationship, there’s also comfort in the fact that all the weight is not on any one person’s shoulders.

“We were all ready to share the burdens and the joys again at that point.”

I was not talking about an interview referring to HFO. I was talking about an interview Tim gave in February 2017 after Glenn's passing. That interview had nothing to do with HFO. I did not take anything out of contex regarding THAT interview.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I was not talking about an interview referring to HFO. I was talking about an interview Tim gave in February 2017 after Glenn's passing. That interview had nothing to do with HFO. I did not take anything out of contex regarding THAT interview.
    No, it was about the "like a bicycle" quote from Timothy that I brought up, which I was mistaken about.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I feel the same. I hadn't even considered that they would tour outside of the US. Then I saw the Australia and Europe shows advertised.

I've been an Eagles fan for many years. The band without Glenn, is not my Eagles.

As many of you know, I claim to be Will Hollis No. 1 fan in England,, which means I had a tough decision to make. Could I pass up a chance to see him & hear him play?

Decision made. I AM NOT GOING TO ANY SHOWS IN THE UK, IRELAND OR MAINLAND EUROPE.
    I'm VERY sad about not seeing Will, but I just don't want to see the band without Glenn.I don't want to spoil my Eagles memories.
    Steph - I'm totally with you too ... the band without Glenn is not my Eagles either. I am sorry you won't get to see Will, though. Maybe Henley will do a solo tour and you will be able to see him then. Although I do still miss going to Eagles shows, honestly, at this point, I am content with watching my DVDs or YouTube whenever I feel the urge to see the Eagles perform. It's like dealing with all losses - it gets a little easier with the passage of time. Having said that, there is not a day that goes by that I don't still miss Glenn, and seeing the band perform without him would only open up new wounds for me. Not gonna ever happen for me - period!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I think the posts in the thread are fine to leave here. But, I will second what Austin said about this thread not being a debate thread. As a reminder, there is absolutely no problem with anyone disagreeing with those of us who are opposed to the current lineup. However, those types of post should be in the other thread that Austin mentioned. Per the title of this thread, it is exclusively "for those saying Glenn Frey is necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016