Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I think the only reason Funk 50 believes Lefsetz's opinion carries more weight is that it happens to agree with his own. There aren't that many who will go so far as to say the "Eagles" are better off without Glenn Frey. In fact, so far, Funk 50 and Lefsetz are the only two I know of.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think the only reason Funk 50 believes Lefsetz's opinion carries more weight is that it happens to agree with his own. There aren't that many who will go so far as to say the "Eagles" are better off without Glenn Frey. In fact, so far, Funk 50 and Lefsetz are the only two I know of.
    There might be more in the wild but I agree. Even most of the people for this would agree it was better with Glenn.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Originally Posted by WF
    There might be more in the wild but I agree. Even most of the people for this would agree it was better with Glenn.

I thought it was interesting that the page was closed to making any comments. Obviously he does not want to hear the truth.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 11-29-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I'm sure Lefsetz's opinion would count just as much if he hated the current lineup - he would be invited to everyone's birthday party. I just had to say this one thing. I don't care for this Lefsetz. Don't love him or hate him.
    Last edited by chaim; 11-30-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Lefsetz makes me wanna

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Originally Posted by WF

I thought it was interesting that the page was closed to making any comments. Obviously he does not want to hear the truth.
    Well he sure is impressed with himself.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Additional tour dates for North America 2018 have now been announced.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I haven't seen the latest configuration of Eagles and probably never will, so I'm happy to defer judgement to people who have seen them both with and without Glenn.

My much miss quoted comment that caused such shock to the Frey fanatics was that I hoped that the Eagles would be better without Glenn. I've never said that they were.

I've seen nothing that may suggest that they are better barring a comment from a reviewer saying that they sounded revitalized. If they are revitalized enough for me to get a ticket to see them live, given the chance, I'll probably share an educated opinion then but I'm a Walsh fan so it wont be unbiased.

Currently the band seem to see themselves as a nostalgia act so I'm not really interested.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I haven't seen the latest configuration of Eagles and probably never will, so I'm happy to defer judgement to people who have seen them both with and without Glenn.

My much miss quoted comment that caused such shock to the Frey fanatics was that I hoped that the Eagles would be better without Glenn. I've never said that they were.

I've seen nothing that may suggest that they are better barring a comment from a reviewer saying that they sounded revitalized. If they are revitalized enough for me to get a ticket to see them live, given the chance, I'll probably share an educated opinion then but I'm a Walsh fan so it wont be unbiased.

Currently the band seem to see themselves as a nostalgia act so I'm not really interested.
    Why would you HOPE that they would be better without Glenn? I just don't understand that comment.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

You said Lefsetz' opinion carried a lot more weight than the opinions of those of us on this board who will never believe this band can be 'better' without Glenn. Now you talk about them being 'revitalised' i.e. they are revitalised because Glenn is no longer there.

You are entitled to your view but like Brooke I cannot begin to understand your attitude.