Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I can understand that. And as far as I know the Eagles has always been only a job for Timothy, whereas for Don, for example, it's something much more. Or at least was.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I hadn't read that interview until now. Don said the usual stuff. Again I was most disappointed by Timothy.

Question: "How difficult was it for them to get back together?"

"Song-wise and playing, it was like riding a bike,” offers Schmit.

For the first time ever Glenn wasn't there, but musically the getting back together after his death was just like riding a bicycle. No big adjustments, no big deal.
    Totally agree with this. Does anyone remember the interview Tim gave in Feb.2017 that was posted here. I had commented at that time that I thought Tim's response regarding regarding Glenn's death very cold. I can not remember what he said, but I was shocked by how cold his statements were. I think Tim has always been about money no matter what the circumstances. His statement in HOTE indicates this. As others have said, he needs the money more than the others -even it means ruining the legacy of the group.

Stuck on the Border

I criticise Timothy, but on the other hand, if asked about it I don't think he'd have trouble admitting that he needs the income.

I agree with Soda. I think Tim needs the Eagles way more than the Eagles need him. And definitely more than Don or Joe needs them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I agree with what everyone else has said: This "third act" (what a dumb-a** and crass comment to make, Don Henley! Shame on you! ) of the band is something that I hope I never get to see.

I've always felt that DH was and is a very egotistical and $$$-driven individual.....this proves it.

(I'm sitting here watching the HFO interviews and it just seems that Don didn't really want to even put the band back together in '94....would that be a correct assumption?)

(sorry if I'm dragging this off-topic..... )

Stuck on the Border

I think Timothy deliberately detaches himself from a lot of the emotion surrounding the band. It doesn't mean that he doesn't feel or that he's only concerned with money but from the 70s onwards, he has quietly got on with the job.
    He said this to say about the end of the band in an interview in February 2017:
    Yeah, I have come to terms with it. I mean everything has to end anyway and I’m in a pretty good place with that.
    The Eagles can’t be the Eagles without Don and Glenn in my mind so that kind of finalises it to me. I’m ok with it.

Stuck on the Border

Well, it didn't take him long to change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I agree with what everyone else has said: This "third act" (what a dumb-a** and crass comment to make, Don Henley! Shame on you! ) of the band is something that I hope I never get to see.

I've always felt that DH was and is a very egotistical and $$$-driven individual.....this proves it.

(I'm sitting here watching the HFO interviews and it just seems that Don didn't really want to even put the band back together in '94....would that be a correct assumption?)

(sorry if I'm dragging this off-topic..... )
    TT,

I've personally heard enough about Don H's character that I don't care to ever meet the man or be in business with him or be in a band with him. Yes, he has a big ego. And yes, I also think he's very driven by money. To the point that doing the right thing (like not continuing under the Eagles banner), becomes less of an interest, and filling his already stuffed pockets becomes his main motivator. I think he's a very talented guy, fantastic singer and a great lyricist. Again, I wouldn't want to be in the same room with him though. That's just me. I don't think I'd walk away with a positive experience. I'm a fan of his music, but I really have to separate the man from the art in this case. I still listen to his solo music and of course the Eagles songs where he is singing, but I just don't care for him as a person. And it sucks to feel that way. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable paying to see him solo either. Which sucks, as I always had wanted to see him solo before this Eagles 3.0 business. But this is nothing new, he's been himself for a long time.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As I've said before, I am reluctant to judge the characters of Don, Joe, and Tim since I don't know these men and don't know what is in their hearts and minds. However, as fans of these public figures, I do think we can speak to how we perceive their words and actions. While I will always respect their talent and love their music, I agree that all three of them have come across as cold and callous in the way they have dealt with reforming the band and honoring Glenn's legacy. Unfortunately, I believe they have been deceitful and unethical, which leads me to question their integrity. I'll just leave it at that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

To me they have been a victim of their own creation.

After awhile success, fame, and money goes to your head and it will cloud your judgment and you become jaded with a huge ego. Still doesn't excuse what they've done though.

It's either ignorance or arrogance. I'll leave it up to everyone to decide which it is.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger