Page 121 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

(Unnecessary comments removed from the begging to get straight to the point)

Freypower does have a direct way of saying things, but as far as I can remember she has never made personal attacks or called anyone names. As far as I know her direct comments tend to be about issues, not other forum members. She's also capable of apologizing. And one thing I can say for sure is that she doesn't put words in dead people's mouths (or heads) to call someone an asshole.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-11-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    WORD UP

I know that this is merely a message board, and that one should not get worked up or angry at the postings of another. However.

I've had about all I can take of a certain individual who insists on writing nasty, hostile rants here. A certain individual who uses the name "Freypower."

I don't really care much if anybody reads these little things I post here or not - I write regularly for a couple of music industry publications, along with several general subscription magazines. I also work as a road manager for several touring bands, and, in general, I don't worry about what people think of me. That's just… well, that's show business.

But I will not accept the screechings of someone who has no idea of what he(or she) is talking about, is rude, and is, on top of that, a sanctimonious fool.

This person has been creating turmoil on this board since I joined, and, from the personal messages I've received, long before that. Enough of this.

For the record, I KNEW Glenn and Randy and Leadon before there was a band called Eagles. And sometimes, I read things on here that make me cringe. But I would not insult or denigrate anyone for their opinions.

So - and perhaps this will be my parting message on this board, which I've greatly enjoyed - Freypower, shut the hell up until you can behave like a reasonable and decent contributor. All in all, you're full of Vegemite.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

FP is a wonderful contributor. And I agree with her 110% on this new "band".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    One problem, Ms. Scout, is that you seem to be unaware of the way some people on this little social society of yours also feel about Freypower. But I leave that for someone else to deal with; I have a few better things to occupy my time - like the real world of music - than to engage in this kind of bullshit.

Oh, by the way: Glenn Frey would've thought of you as a pedantic asshole.

Cheers
    So little that you know, P.

Seriously, please leave and take the supposed naysayers with you that you are referring to that talk that way about another member behind her back like you say they do about FP. Maybe go create a message board of your own where you and your "buddies" can relish in the new Eagles and talk nasty about Borderers without having the intestinal fortitude to say it to them directly. How very weak.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Cool Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Looks like some SCHOOL TEACHER has delusions of musical competence. And you're a tad shaky on Faulkner, darling.

Banned

Cool Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

It happens that I also don't like the current lineup of Eagles vol. whatever it is. But to hear a stupid, boorish, Neanderthal spout platitudes and certitudes about things she knows nothing about is not something I can pass on. So suck it up, buttercup.

And as for not letting the door to hit me on the way out?

Don't let my boot kick your sorry ass, either, amigo

Stuck on the Border

I knew there was a reason I usually keep put of here. I feel sorry for those who are new to this board and who accidentally stray into this dangerous ground.

I understand the reason for having a thread that allowed for bashing of the Frey-free band, but unfortunately it seems to encourage people who are usually polite and reasonable to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    So little that you know, P.
    He has no idea. Gave me a bit of a chuckle. The Faulkner "parting shot #2" continues that trend, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I understand the reason for having a thread that allowed for bashing of the Frey-free band, but unfortunately it seems to encourage people who are usually polite and reasonable to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    On the contrary. I think he's revealing his true self. People don't say these kind of hateful things just because of a thread. The hate is within them already. That Glenn Frey dig, despite missing the mark in my case, was one of the most vicious things ever posted on this forum. It didn't come out of nowhere.

What you've seen before is what he's like when everything is going his way. This is what he's like when he's challenged. He wasn't personally attacked, mind you. He was simply challenged.

That's when you see what kind of person someone really is, and we're seeing it now. This is the real peneumbra.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

People on a forum aren't like those you see at work, etc. You must purposely seek them out by going to a website. If you read things you don't like---a click---and you don't have to read their opinions again. We can express our thoughts without resorting to name calling.
    Such ugliness has no place here.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    People on a forum aren't like those you see at work, etc. You must purposely seek them out by going to a website. If you read things you don't like---a click---and you don't have to read their opinions again. We can express our thoughts without resorting to name calling.
    Very true FF thanks for helping to keep it real.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Yes, and it's been allowed to go on long enough.

Peneumbra's first set of "final posts" contained two personal attacks. After he decided to come back and make a few more "final posts" which contained more personal attacks, he exceeded our "three strikes" rule.

Thus, as a purely symbolic gesture - because of course I'm absolutely positive he meant it this time when he said he was leaving - I'm going to ban him.

One more thing: while his stories were entertaining, as for their veracity... I point you to this thread, where he talks at length about how Irving Azoff was this big industry insider who made the band famous, rather than Irving becoming famous because of the band (which is well-documented). That's not the only time he's been inaccurate, but it was a pretty glaring one, since he based a whole narrative on it. Another one that springs to mind is when he talked about Longbranch Pennywhistle being Glenn Frey and Don Henley's band. That's a pretty big error, yet, as he is quick to remind us, he supposedly was Glenn's buddy back then...

In other words, enjoy his stories, but take them with a grain of salt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten