Page 26 of 145 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

IMO, it is still condescending to refer to people who want to enjoy a concert as brainwashed and compare them to a flock of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    IMO, it is still condescending to refer to people who want to enjoy a concert as brainwashed and compare them to a flock of sheep.
    To each their own then. I just wish people would do their research than go with the flow. If people do and then think it's on the up and up, that's fine.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Perhaps the wrong word. More like uninformed.

But my guess there are even people who don't even know Glenn is gone. Probably a very small few, but I'm sure they exist. They wouldn't know anything about the band besides "Oooh, Hotel California!".

Sheep is right. And no, I'm not putting anyone on this board in that group, if it wasn't already clear.
    Then I agree with what you’re saying. I’m not sure how well informed the general fan base is about the band. Hopefully HOTE tour helped out but I think most like basically the two greatest hits albums and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Then I agree with what you’re saying. I’m not sure how well informed the general fan base is about the band. Hopefully HOTE tour helped out but I think most like basically the two greatest hits albums and that’s it.
    My point exactly.

To me it's all so wrong (going on w/o Glenn) I would equate it on the scale of something much more evil, and people would shake their heads at that comparison, but it's how I see it. Obviously since we are under constant scrutiny here, I'm not about to specify.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My point exactly.

To me it's all so wrong (going on w/o Glenn) I would equate it on the scale of something much more evil, and people would shake their heads at that comparison, but it's how I see it. Obviously since we are under constant scrutiny here, I'm not about to specify.
    I think it’s safe to say we disagree but at least we found a better understanding of each other’s view points.

I think it’s safe to say we disagree but at least we found a better understanding of each other’s view points.
    And that's totally fine. Peace.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

The casual fan doesn't care that much in the first place, so they don't need to be brainwashed. They just want to sing along to Hotel California at the top of their lungs, then leave before the encore to beat the traffic.

Still, Don and co. were not sure how things were going to go down without Glenn at first, and there were a lot of resistant fans whose objections immediately disappeared at the involvement of Deacon. Insurance.

We are oversimplifying, though. People are complex. Deacon can be both a heartfelt inclusion and a convenient way to legitimize making truckloads of money.

However, since Don has said Deacon is free to leave at any time but does not add that when he leaves, the "Eagles" will end... family blood is obviously not considered necessary in the long term.

So there's no need to play hypothetical games. You have your answer. Deacon is optional.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The casual fan doesn't care that much in the first place, so they don't need to be brainwashed. They just want to sing along to Hotel California at the top of their lungs, then leave before the encore to bear the traffic.

At any rate, Don and co. were not sure how things were going to go down without Glenn at first, and there were a lot of resistant fans whose objections immediately disappeared at the involvement of Deacon. Insurance.

We are oversimplifying, though. People are complex. Deacon can be both a heartfelt inclusion and a convenient way to legitimize making truckloads of money.

However, since Don has said Deacon is free to leave at any time but does not add that when he leaves, the "Eagles" will end... family blood is obviously no longer considered necessary in the long term.

So there's no need to play hypothetical games. You have your answer. Deacon is optional.
    Agreed, Soda. I think uninformed about the situation is what I meant to say, which they are.

I also agree there is the possibility of it being a heartfelt inclusion. I just feel some people are missing the other "benefit", as it were and saying it was purely for heartfelt reasons. It's very possible it's both. Hopefully it was both. But I know one of them is true ($), the other is a possibility. I overlooked that aspect of it.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 11-24-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The casual fan doesn't care that much in the first place, so they don't need to be brainwashed. They just want to sing along to Hotel California at the top of their lungs, then leave before the encore to beat the traffic.

Still, Don and co. were not sure how things were going to go down without Glenn at first, and there were a lot of resistant fans whose objections immediately disappeared at the involvement of Deacon. Insurance.

However, since Don has said Deacon is free to leave at any time but does not add that when he leaves, the "Eagles" will end... family blood is obviously not considered necessary in the long term.

I will agree that he’s optional assuming they would continue if he left but this is a tad different as we are discussing if they would have continued at all had he not join.

Stuck on the Border

I will agree that he’s optional assuming they would continue if he left but this is a tad different as we are discussing if they would have continued at all had he not join.
    We are discussing both scenarios, not one. Hence the word 'optional' is entirely appropriate.