Page 131 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Thumbs up Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    The general sale tickets for their UK tour next summer went live this morning and it was such a strange feeling for me.

I would never have believed that the next time they rocked up here I would treat it with a mixture of indifference and contempt.
    I feel the same. I hadn't even considered that they would tour outside of the US. Then I saw the Australia and Europe shows advertised.

I've been an Eagles fan for many years. The band without Glenn, is not my Eagles.

As many of you know, I claim to be Will Hollis No. 1 fan in England,, which means I had a tough decision to make. Could I pass up a chance to see him & hear him play?

Decision made. I AM NOT GOING TO ANY SHOWS IN THE UK, IRELAND OR MAINLAND EUROPE.
    I'm VERY sad about not seeing Will, but I just don't want to see the band without Glenn.I don't want to spoil my Eagles memories.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Totally agree with this. Does anyone remember the interview Tim gave in Feb.2017 that was posted here. I had commented at that time that I thought Tim's response regarding regarding Glenn's death very cold. I can not remember what he said, but I was shocked by how cold his statements were. I think Tim has always been about money no matter what the circumstances. His statement in HOTE indicates this. As others have said, he needs the money more than the others -even it means ruining the legacy of the group.
    Remember, everyone grieves in their own way. Maybe Tim was numb, maybe that's how he grieves, maybe he was still in a state of disbelief.
    I don't grieve well. I never know what to say to others and when it's my own grief, I'm just numb, and I only cry when I'm alone, or when something reminds me of the person. My brother died a couple of years ago, but I still occasionally, just tonight as a matter of fact, have questions or things I want to tell him.
    I don't think the current configuration of the Eagles is going to stay. There won't be an album, there won't be new songs. This is a farewell to Glenn. They all need it. And honestly, so do a lot of fans.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I feel the same. I hadn't even considered that they would tour outside of the US. Then I saw the Australia and Europe shows advertised.

I've been an Eagles fan for many years. The band without Glenn, is not my Eagles.

As many of you know, I claim to be Will Hollis No. 1 fan in England,, which means I had a tough decision to make. Could I pass up a chance to see him & hear him play?

Decision made. I AM NOT GOING TO ANY SHOWS IN THE UK, IRELAND OR MAINLAND EUROPE.
    I'm VERY sad about not seeing Will, but I just don't want to see the band without Glenn.I don't want to spoil my Eagles memories.
    I'm with you all the way Steph!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Remember, everyone grieves in their own way. Maybe Tim was numb, maybe that's how he grieves, maybe he was still in a state of disbelief.
    I don't grieve well. I never know what to say to others and when it's my own grief, I'm just numb, and I only cry when I'm alone, or when something reminds me of the person. My brother died a couple of years ago, but I still occasionally, just tonight as a matter of fact, have questions or things I want to tell him.
    I don't think the current configuration of the Eagles is going to stay. There won't be an album, there won't be new songs. This is a farewell to Glenn. They all need it. And honestly, so do a lot of fans.
    I don't see them touring right now as a farewell to Glenn at all. In fact they really never did a proper tribute concert in my mind. I feel it's another shameless money grab. Once Henley went back on his word I lost all respect for him and I trust him about as far as I can throw him. I'm not convinced that they won't try to do a new album. I think anything is possible at this point after what has already transpired. I hope they don't do an album. It's not the Eagles. I really do think they will keep touring for the foreseeable future. I think they will do what they can to keep the "Eagles" name alive, just so they can continue profit from it.

Just a heads up, this thread is only for those against them continuing so you will likely not find anyone who is positive towards the current band. The "looks like the band" thread is more for this kind of debate between the two camps of those for and against the band touring still. This thread is for those against them continuing on. There is also positive-only threads like concert review threads and the Guests section.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

There's no way I can see this as a tribute to Glenn. "I always thought I'd make a good Eagle", for example. A lovely tribute to Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There's no way I can see this as a tribute to Glenn. "I always thought I'd make a good Eagle", for example. A lovely tribute to Glenn.
    That line pissed me right off when I first read it and I still see fumes coming out of my head when I think about it. I don't care if Gill is the 'nicest guy in the business' or is wickedly talented on guitar or has the voice of an angel or how many Grammys he may have won. That's a moot point now. So people can make comments in Vince's favor all they want to justify it but they can save their breath when it comes to me.

You don't say that after their leader has just died, someone that was supposedly your 'friend'. Talk about insensitive at best, and heartless at worst. Way too eager to take over Frey's role. I don't care if you do love the band or think it's up your alley, you don't make that comment. He was way too giddy to stand in his shoes. I'm sorry Vince, but you couldn't fill Glenn's shoes if you put your whole body in them. Ugh...
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 03-14-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

Some of you have taken a negative view of Schmit over a quote that you took out of context by missing the fact that he was referring to the HFO era.

"But radio stations played the band’s songs, keeping the music alive, and in 1994 the Eagles reunited for a Hell Freezes Over tour and album.

How difficult was it for them to get back together? “Song-wise and playing, it was like riding a bike,” offers Schmit.

“Learning how to deal with one another again, that required a bit of work,” says Henley diplomatically. “But even though there is conflict and tension in a group relationship, there’s also comfort in the fact that all the weight is not on any one person’s shoulders.

“We were all ready to share the burdens and the joys again at that point.”

Hopefully Soda or Dreamer will move these newest posts to the appropriate thread (Looks like the band...). This thread is for those against 3.0.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Hopefully Soda or Dreamer will move these newest posts to the appropriate thread (Looks like the band...). This thread is for those against 3.0.

My post seems to fall into both topics, but should probably be moved as it's mainly about the European leg of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    My post seems to fall into both topics, but should probably be moved as it's mainly about the European leg of the tour.
    Your post to me was fine Steph for this thread. But I think it fits in both topics equally well. And you get the jist of our message and aren't for the "Eagles" continuance.

I'm mostly referring to the two comments by MarthaJo and by Arlee regarding the comments the anti-3.0 posters have made that pro-3.0 people have responded to in this thread, probably without realizing this is the anti-3.0 thread for those against them continuing on and not the debate thread for both sides. I feel they are a better fit for the other "looks like the band" thread. Just my personal take on the matter.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger